• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
I'm thinking about the optial kill switch from Smart-fly for the ignition .
They don't supply a schematic on work it wires up , i believe the battery power is separated from the receiver power just ne wiring diagram .
IC-1R-508x696.jpg

Hi there @thurmma , I just noticed something, regarding your batteries and your set up. Quick question. Have you ever seen your telemetry or the displayed telemetry set, to be able to tell you the voltage, as in, there are two different voltages. Accu voltage, which measures the voltage going into the receiver, and then, there is another voltage you can look at, which is the Rx Voltage. Which is the actual voltage that makes it to the receivers.

nest time you are with your airplane, look to see, if you can display both voltages and let me know what you see.

Rusty 73

100cc
Nice work you did looks like ten inch length and are you use 16 gauge wire ?
Now some heat shrink tubing to seal the solider joints and power her up .

Rusty 73

100cc
Cam your voltage drop shouldn't be a lot with that gauge of wire
Still freezing here at -13f/-22c , the deep freeze is here!!!

here is something cool. I am prepping to cover the stabs, and routine for me, after sanding, is to blow off the sand dust with air compressor, meanwhile, using a brush, then, i wipe it down with a tack cloth.

But this time, I took advice from Mark Bogus, and decided to, as a final step, wipe it down with a brand new clean cloth with mineral spirit. I was impressed.

you can see, after wiping it down, even still more dust came off, even after using the tack cloth.

the rag on the left, is fresh out of the bag, the one on the right was a fresh one, but I wiped down all 4 surfaces (stabs and elevators , one pair).

IMG_2791.JPG