• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
Yes Cam , a cold solider joint leads to bad things i totally agree . With the 3S you will have a great constant voltage even with 4-5 hard flights and your Jeti Tx should tell you how much voltage those battieres have left , correct . I find it takes a lot of heat to get a good solider joint on a large gauge wire , you have got down to a science now .
Got to contact Chief Aviation again today about my shipment of MKS servos purchased on Black Friday , they should arrive just in time to be wrapped and placed under the tree . A Santa present to myself .

Rusty 73

100cc
Do you make your own servo extensions or do you purchase then already to install . I've been using 20 gauge wire from Taildragger and from Thunderbolt for my other planes but i would like to keep the length of the leads to the Ailerons as short as possible to prevent voltage loss . Do you use a wire harness to plug the wing to fuselage connectors .

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That CB400 has a built in regulator then? Pretty neat you can plug 3S directly into it.

Do you know if the CB400 can listen to Sbus?

Rusty 73

100cc
I believe that the CB200 has the same built in voltage regulator , not sure if you can reset the value of the voltage to the CB400 and CB200 .
I havent started to use my CB200 but i will find out !!!

Oh no, cb 200 does not have a voltage regulator.
So do not do that on a 200! it could get messy!

with both, 200 and 400, telemetry will tell you the voltage at the servo pins, and it can also tell you voltage going in, where batteries hook in! so pretty darn cool.

with the 400, you can adjust voltage to the servo pins, but this is not possible with the 200.

well, at least, I am not aware of this.

Jets has its own version of bus, but, i do not know if you can use this with other systems. I doubt it. but i could be wrong. I kicked myself out of the rc groups jets forum, due to some of the usual people there being rude to me. I will never go back to RC groups, although, there are some people there who are nice. I love GSN, since here, it is all nice people!

Rusty 73

100cc
Good to know about the CB 200 Doesnt have a voltage regulator . Im planning on running two A123 batteries on the CB200 which should hold at a constant 6.5-6.4 volts as input voltage and slowly faded to 6.1-6.0 when 80-90% of the batteries .
Nice to know that you can about adjust voltage to certian servo outputs , very smart on Jeti"s behalf .
I agree, at GSN site there isnt any rude or boastful people here not like at RC group site .

thurmma

150cc
I am using a cb200 and have 2 regulators feeding it. I use 2 5000mah 2s lipos into an electronic switch which feeds the regulators. Everything is powered on remotely from the transmitter. Ignition is on its own circuit with 2s 2550 feeding it regulated to 6 volts. It is also controlled by a separate switch on the transmitter :)

thurmma

150cc
I am using the SP-06 electronic switch with the output going to a regulator to drop the voltage to 6 volts. The key is having the battery on the input side directly and the regulator on the output side of the switch. I have heard of people putting the regulator on the input side of the switch and wondering why the battery is always draining.

thurmma

150cc
I am also adding 2 leds, one to indicate system power and one to indicate ignition power. They will be right behind the pilot's head so I can see them from the front of the plane. Thought about making the leds be the pilot's eyes but, didn't want to disconnect wires every time I took the canopy off.