• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DM 5335 (50cc size Electric) made by Subsonic Planes

AKfreak

150cc
around the base of the motor, there is a very large bearing underneath the outer edge of the bell, that prevents the bell from flexing during flight, making the motor significantly more capable at handling the high gyroscopic forces of 3d flight. Right @Ken Man?

attachment.php

What an incredible motor, :tongue:

$500 bucks s something I jus don't have at the moment. I did however post a thread asking for help/advice on a setup I do have. I wish I could afford to play with all the cool toys. Two kids, wife in school, and doing everything by myself makes for a very tight budget.

One day I might be able to buy a used motor and have it rewound or something. Until then ill just have to live vicariously through you folks.

Anyone collect pea shooters, maybe we can do some trading..

Tim H.

50cc
Mine should be here today! Wooooo Hoooooo. I talked to Ken and he is sending me the 175kv wind. I have the Gecko 150 amp in my grubby little mits already... Gary, do you still have that prop?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nope, sold it on the site a few weeks ago, sorry :(

My test wind of 192kv kicked out 6000w on a 24x9 Xion carbon prop Tuesday....

Going to try a 23x10 Xoar Electric next. Need to get the watts down a little to about 5300-5500 watts.

Pretty incredible punch out tho!!

Tim H.

50cc
Sounds like FUN! I got my motor yesterday. This thing is HUGE! What size bolts are you using for the motor mount/standoffs. I need to measure and order some standoffs today.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sounds like FUN! I got my motor yesterday. This thing is HUGE! What size bolts are you using for the motor mount/standoffs. I need to measure and order some standoffs today.

I bought the standoffs and bolts from customstandoffs... I think they are 5mm bolts

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I too got my standoffs from Craig at Customstandoffs.com... The $7 he charges for the 8 bolts, washers and lock washers to go with the standoffs is worth it, IMO. Very nice quality and fast service.

That is a good question and the answer depends on several factors. I.e. your altitude, desired prop size, and make/model of ESC all need to be taken into consideration in order to obtain maximum drive system power without overloading the motor.

You may want to brief Ken Young at Subsonic Planes on which prop and ESC you intend on using, and he'll fix you up.