• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DM 5335 (50cc size Electric) made by Subsonic Planes

Ken Man

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
First off this has been a long time coming, but is finally here :pompom:

dm 5335.jpg

The 5335 was designed around the 4325 concentric bearing concept we designed several years back, but with a few extras. The 5335 uses a through shaft that is 8mm steel instead of a bolt on hub as well as a 6mm thick large Aluminum X mount that matches the DLE-50 bolt pattern.

Currently the only Kv I have wound is 189Kv and is what has been used for tests with 12s and a 24x12 prop. Other Kv will be done and upon request like the other large motors we produce.

Below is a brief description of motor specs and other info, we will get this motor on the web site shortly.

Total weight: 34.4 oz. all up, no connectors 4” lead wires.

From where the spinner back plate rests to the back of the X mount is 84.00mm

M8x1.25 output shaft 42mm long

M4 tapped center shaft hole 0.50” depth for carbon spinners

Two M4 tapped holes in the base of the prop adapter for running screws through the prop and spinner back plate to keep either from slipping (optional). The prop washer has holes in it for this that can also be used as a template. Note that the holes in the base where the spinner back plate rests are only 8mm deep, check to make sure you know the depth of screws you need and you may need to cut some length off of them. Forcing these screws will damage the motor if screws that are too long are used.
Note: a good way to cut length off screws is to put a nut on and thread it all the way to the top of the screw and use a cut off wheel to remove what you need to. After the length is removed you can un thread the nut and this will repair the thread somewhat so you do not run in to issues installing it.
Permanent X mount at the back of the motor has the same measurement holes as a DLE-50, 78mm measuring left to right and 66mm measuring from top to bottom hole, holes are 6.5mm wide so ¼ inch screws fit snug.

There are 3, 8x16x5 sealed bearings at the front of the motor and two 8x19x6 at the back. There is also one 45x58x7 concentric bearing at the back to handle high gyroscopic forces. This motor truly has a very robust bearing system.

I may leave longer lead wires though since some ESC like the ZTW we plan to offer as an option have very short motor wires. We will not be offering connectors on this motor as they should be direct soldered to the ESC.

Price will be $549.95 for this motor

Thanks to all who have waited patiently

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Man

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Also, I should mention that so far with a 24x12 prop, 4900 watts were recorded at 7200rpm, this was recorded with a data logger on the castle edge. Manta should chime in later today or soon with better insight on this.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Well,the thread is up! I'm glad Ken did it. Looks way better than if i had done it. Ive been running this motor for a little while now,maybe 50 or so flights on it..Multiple run ups on the ground playing with settings/etc. Hottest i have seen it is 140 so far i think. I have it in an 89 AJ Slick. Balance is perfect on 12 s with the packs just under the cowl on the battery tray. About 1/4 of the way in. 24X12 prop was the prefered prop for this airframe when it came out and i have not strayed from it. As effiecient as Motrolfly motors are i felt ( and Ken did too) that the castle edge esc we were testing on was limiting the power some at 4900 watts and around 110 peak amps. I have just installed a gecko ztw 120 opto to play with. it seems to pull a good bit harder at WOT but I have no amp and watt data yet. Throttle response Im not overly sure of yet. Gotta fly and play with the curve.
As always,buy with confidence and you wont be sorry. I didnt baffle the 89 because i wanted to see how hot i could get it without baffling.I have made multiple pop tops,KE spins,long harrier and hovers,etc tumbles,etc and etc.. WOT for way longer than you should on electric.. Motor is like brand new..
This is just another great option to huck out babies with.

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 431
  • IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 388