• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DM 5335 (50cc size Electric) made by Subsonic Planes

OMG. Castle dropped the ball man. If Gecko will hold up geeze. I tore the aileron control horn out doing a wot backflip to elevator hahaha. 135 amps and around 5800 watts. Thats a huge jump from the edge esc. I wont get to fly it again for another week and an aileron horn fix. (10 min).
So as effiecient as Kens Motrolfly motors are I knew I should be hitting 5200 watts at that kv. I love it when Im wrong on the low side heheheh.

That's kickin' it at ~5800 watts! Excellent! I assume your 5335 is the 189kv? Still using the 24x12 prop?

Manta

70cc twin V2
Yes 189 kv 24x12 prop. Gecko turns the juice loose. Now Ive not had but one half flight on that. The aileron control horn tore off. Hoping to next week

gyro

GSN Contributor
What is a "concentric bearing concept?"

around the base of the motor, there is a very large bearing underneath the outer edge of the bell, that prevents the bell from flexing during flight, making the motor significantly more capable at handling the high gyroscopic forces of 3d flight. Right @Ken Man?

attachment.php

Just tuned into this thread and, one word, AWESOME!!! Flew the 4325 for a couple years in a 30cc size Extra and a 70" Slick. Great motor. This will no doubt be a step up for the larger 50cc size planes. Can't wait to see a video. Thanks so much for the specs and the discussion on the results.

gyro

GSN Contributor
was hoping for some video on mine this sunday, but weather is rolling in :( forecast for storms all day

Manta

70cc twin V2
around the base of the motor, there is a very large bearing underneath the outer edge of the bell, that prevents the bell from flexing during flight, making the motor significantly more capable at handling the high gyroscopic forces of 3d flight. Right @Ken Man?

attachment.php

not Ken man but correct you are.