• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Desert Aircraft Owners

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Algae and bacteria will form a slime on fuel system/carb screens. It's very predominate down here in the deep south. But you will also find it in most storage facilities as well. Amazing where life can grow.

Well I think I found my problem. I was replacing the gaskets and diaphragm in the carb and there was an somewhat opaque film covering the fuel screen.

So, keep running the pump gas I am using and just plan on changing gaskets/diaphragm/screen every year or use a different fuel source like SEF or unbranded ethanol free?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So, keep running the pump gas I am using and just plan on changing gaskets/diaphragm/screen every year or use a different fuel source like SEF or unbranded ethanol free?

If needed but why cant you just clean the screens??? And I don't want to start a war over ethanol gas. That's all I have ever run and don't change gaskets/diaphrams/etc etc. Not being nasty just say in. This ethanol gas thing is MYTH!

No that's the last thing I want to start, trust me.

I remember running ethanol in all my gas planes before this one so I'll just stick with the pump gas. I'll do some research to see if adding Seafoam helps any. Unfortunately this plane is a pain to work on the engine. Oh well, it'll be a once a year deal.

I've been running pump gas for 15 years. I just recently changed diaphragms in one of my 157s just last year. It has been running 93 Oct for 7 years and never been inside the carb.

I also dont refuel the tank or run the fuel out of the carb.

3D-Joy

50cc
Keep the carb wet is the ONLY thing I do to my engines. These things just want to run no matter what, as long as you don't allow them to dry out.

Switching rings, buffing reed blocks or whatever magic trick are'nt needed for me.

3D-Joy

50cc
And I'm glad there is no ''dislike'' button on this site, I would get shot down for not going with the flow saying I don't need to modify my engines to work properly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
And I'm glad there is no ''dislike'' button on this site, I would get shot down for not going with the flow saying I don't need to modify my engines to work properly.

I do not think you would get shot down. My DA 120 is stock....EME 60 is stock. Only mod is I run cans. I could not agree more with you.

Just say in....Reed Block Mod should have been labeled Repair. Cuz it was a fix to a problem with DLE 55's.

No that's the last thing I want to start, trust me.

I remember running ethanol in all my gas planes before this one so I'll just stick with the pump gas. I'll do some research to see if adding Seafoam helps any. Unfortunately this plane is a pain to work on the engine. Oh well, it'll be a once a year deal.
Stay away from seafoam. Big waste of money and you really don't want anything between your fuel and oil. I have done testing with seafoam and it provided no benifits at all. E10 fuel is just fine with almost all modern carbs including walbros. Some fuel lines don't like the ethanol but an annual replacement is all that is needed. My jetski that are 2 strokes have several thousand gallons of fuel through the 2 of them and are 2002's. I just add stabil for winter only. One carb is untouched and is as reliable as the day it was new and the other had the carbs rebuilt by me a few years ago when I replaced the Pistons from a broken reed valve. That carb was perfect inside, I have pics of it here on this site I believe. My lawn equipment is guaranteed to start within 5 pulls from winter storage with no additives at all. As much as people are against E10 it has little affect on any current engine.