• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Desert Aircraft Owners

Hello all,

I thought I would start a DA owners page. Post any questions regarding the engines, problems concerning the engines, or if you need suggestions, post it here!!

Trevor

what is the consensus on using velocity stacks? are they bad?

i have used them before, but eventually, removed them. the only difference it made was less fuel in the cowl area. i have never seen it do any type of performance enhancement. seems it may possibly make tuning engine more difficult, and that is why i removed them.

TonyHallo

150cc
The attachment may shed some light on your findings, most commercial units do little or hurt performance. The gain is due to improving entrance losses with nice rounded lip. The most efficient number 11 has no pipe at all. Number 11 is also mounted on the new Evo EFI 60 air valve as standard equipment.

14726=8337-Velocity Stack Designs.jpg
14726=8337-Velocity Stack Designs.jpg

JaseTheAce;19717 wrote: Hey guys, just thought I would post this video on here of my Extreme Flight 104" Extra powered by the DA-120. I am running stock mufflers. I am spinning the Falcon 27x11 prop which is a perfect combo and has a ton of speed and pull! This has a been a great running engine and as always with DA, it's extremely reliable! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0rQl9HdOU&list=UUEUSktN8-9ijI95oxYGAqXw

awesome video!!! great job man!! you have golden thumbs!!!