• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Desert Aircraft Owners

For OHIO, here it is:

IMG_4406.JPG

the other end enters the fuselage, and it has a JR plug. I buy the plugs from Booma RC, and i purchased a crimper, and now i make all of my extensions. Hope this helps and that i answered your question.

The motor runs great and transitions good, but when I let it idle than it slows and dies. Does this suggest that it could still be a little rich on the low? Maybe I need to run it some more and mess with the needles some more.

could be that you are lean on the low end. I would open the low needle by 1/8 turn at a time, and see what happens.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Ok I am still trying to get this tuning thing figured out. :confused??: Thanks for the help! I'll mess around with it some more and see what I can make happen.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Just saw this thread and maybe a good place to ask a question for my new DA-70. I would like to cut off the Powerpole connector and solder a short servo extension to connect to my Tech Aero IBEC, does this void the DA ignition warranty? What have you guys done.

if that voids warranty then i guess ill never buy another DA... EVER! (it hasnt in the past LOL)

in fact ive had a 50, 60, 60, and a 120

all of them are alive and well except for the one in the video below. i have been extremely hard on this engine and it has been very nice to me. ive had 4 exhaust types on it, 5 different props, and its all been on one airframe. tuning wise it is very forgiving unless it is piped (re2) where midrange just sucked. i run 40:1 REDLINE.

i put it on a pitts muffler last fall, now my first time out i have tuning problems. two deadsticks and needle tweaks before i remember from last year that i felt it had excessive bearing play. Nothing like a deadstick way the heck out over trees to jog your memory! [My Palm Slaps Forehead Now] Sending it back in and it will come back to roar again! oh did i mention that i cut the power poles off? LOL

Ive actually had the factory connector fail and lead to a deadstick that bust up my 104" extra. damn black wire frayed and made intermittent contact at the steel connector in the plastic part. after that lesson i make sure every connector anywhere on the airframe cant vibrate.

enjoy, there is a crash at the end, then my mug finds the camera...

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
WOW!! wicked cool! Any damage to your airplane? on the video, looks like it was ok? maybe the LG?
cracked the canopy but fixable
landing gear bent but fixable
cowl cracked up but fixable
spinner scratched, but has been polished out already
main damage was from gopro tearing the covering off the wing, slamming forward and putting crack in the wing sheeting :(

guess ill have to buy a chunk of yellow covering, as i think i dont have any.... depressed about that.

oh and the prop is in perfect condition... WTF right!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That was one of the hardest landings I've seen that plane do and barely any visible damage. I'll bet it fell 30 feet straight down.......that's just crazy dude.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just re-maidened a couple more fresh back from DA today. DA100L is one of the finest small engines I've owned and the DA70 was back to it's normal ripping the crap out of the sky today!!!