• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

The fuel tank is installed, as well as the da 200 L.

IMG_8482.JPG
IMG_8483.JPG

Just installed the tail wheel, and I have glued the rudder on to the hinges. This is a White Rose Tail wheel.

View attachment 29496

Cam, it looks to me like this plane needs the extra large carbon fiber spring. It will raise the tail an additional two inches off the ground.

I think your assumptions for air hole exit sizes are a little excessive. Below is a link to a table for air density and specific gravity verses temperature. As you can see, the difference between 80 F (2.286) and 250 F (1.870) is .416 or a little less than a 20% change. To me this indicates increasing the exit hole size by 50% over the intake hole would be more than adequate. Adding exit louvers under the pipes is a good idea because they are a heat source in them selves.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-density-specific-weight-d_600.html

Vern

Last edited:
I installed the fuel tanks and started to work on the electronics. The Receivers have been bound to the Tx, and the electronic switch has also been programmed.

IMG_8485.JPG
IMG_8486.JPG

the throttle servo has been installed and programmed and all other good stuff to go with that step.
The servo is programmed so that at full up stick, meaning, WOT, the actual carb opening does not open 100% of the carb arm, maybe it opens 95%. I did this intentionally, so that, during flight, there is no binding.

IMG_8487.JPG

The Stabs are covered now!! next, is to install the rudder servos, the elevators servos, then i will work on finishing off the wings, covering them, then I will install the CDI's and the receiver tray.

IMG_8492.JPG
IMG_8493.JPG