• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Crack Turbo Beaver proto

Thanks again. Flying is pretty much our whole everything as you may have guessed. Aaron works hard between IMAC and his 3D. Just turned 12 and he is flying in NC next month in Sportsman for the Eastern region's world qualifier. That's the top 4 from the NE against 4 from the SE to pick the top 3 to go to the World's next year. Wish him luck.

FWIW We are using 2S 800mah, flying about 5 minutes and putting 650 - 700 mah back in on charge up... shocked that it eats that much mah but Aaron is working the plane quite a bit on the 9x prop. 450 mah might only yield 4 minute flights depending on your flying style.

:cool:

hone

150cc
Today we were flying the CTB in the yard again before going to the field

[video=youtube_share;odT2upXEtRU]http://youtu.be/odT2upXEtRU[/video]

:popcorn:

That roof touch and go was excellent!

Great flying Aaron! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
Just got back from some park huckin'. One of the many awesome aspects of this plane is the KE flight. I've never flown a plane that truly required ZERO rudder input for knife edge flight. The first couple of times I tried it, I completely botched it and I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Then I realized that I just should leave the rudder alone. I guess all those funky fins and canards are there for a reason...

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just got back from some park huckin'. One of the many awesome aspects of this plane is the KE flight. I've never flown a plane that truly required ZERO rudder input for knife edge flight. The first couple of times I tried it, I completely botched it and I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Then I realized that I just should leave the rudder alone. I guess all those funky fins and canards are there for a reason...

Ya these Crack planes take some getting used to! I don't own one but have it on my list. I flew a buddies Crack Special at Wentachee and it kinda freaked me out a bit, but once I got used to it I quickly decided I needed to own one!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ya these Crack planes take some getting used to! I don't own one but have it on my list. I flew a buddies Crack Special at Wentachee and it kinda freaked me out a bit, but once I got used to it I quickly decided I needed to own one!

I might know where you can get one :)