• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Crack Turbo Beaver proto

With any luck we'll be done this thing by the weekend! So excited for this plane! Maybe it was the wait... mounting the wing, gear, tail feathers and motor tonight. Setup tomorrow night!

njswede

150cc
I just scored some Beaver! I'll start the build and post a build thread as soon as my travel schedule allows. Lots of pieces in that box! :)

It's actually pretty laid back to build thankfully. We followed Chris' video pretty much. Unlike Chris, you might want to leave the wing not glued until the end after you have linkage on the tail surfaces all cntered up. Not a big deal but just requires a little more finesse. Super excited. Binding it up in a few minutes.

Well, without further whatevers... here is Aaron on the first real flight on the plane. Did a couple little trim one minute flights and then it started getting dark so had to let him get a proper maiden in. He said it flew the way a 3D plane should and it feels really cool. Nice throws. Didn't get to fly with the flaps yet but they're set up and good to go. Hope you enjoy. The young man likes work them ailerons hard don't he? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAPky7n0G0&feature=youtu.be

Today we were flying the CTB in the yard again before going to the field

[video=youtube_share;odT2upXEtRU]http://youtu.be/odT2upXEtRU[/video]

:popcorn:

Thank you, Gary! It means a lot coming from you. This plane is so fun. Wish I could find a 10,000mah 2S @ around an ounce and half... go for about half an hour per flight lol

:p

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thank you, Gary! It means a lot coming from you. This plane is so fun. Wish I could find a 10,000mah 2S @ around an ounce and half... go for about half an hour per flight lol

:p

You're welcome! I wish I had a tenth of the skill Aaron has. :D

I've got 6 of the 2s 450mah batts waiting for my lazy butt to order one... I just have 3 more giant scale planes to build first :(