• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
What ever happened to your full scale pitts?
Sad to say...it was totaled by its new owner :mad: less than 2 months after I sold it in '92. The dumbass ran it out of gas on his way back from a meet. Landed in an orange grove in FL, tore up both wings, landing gear, prop and bent the fuse up. He was relatively unhurt.....although if I'd been closer I could've just ended his misery right then :lol2:. Somewhere I have some snap shots of it still scrunched up in the grove. If I find them I'll post.

Sadly, I had just had a complete overhaul and recover of the entire airframe before I sold it.....and to top that off....the new owner was an attorney!!!!!!!!!! :steamer:. I was given a heads up that he was gonna call me, which he did....to apologize and ask about any mods I'd recommend if he was gonna rebuild it. As I recall he was just getting started in competition...when I explained that the Pitts he had just destroyed was capable of winning in Unlimited the inquiry quickly ended. It was never rebuilt.

I agree with Taildragger. A CAP 21 in a 100cc size. Yes they were snappy but if set up right they would knife edge from one end of the field to the other effortlessly. It was in how you had them set up. This hold true for all Caps they are also a Harrier machine.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Awesome story! I do believe I have seen a similar plane do a Knife edge ribbon cut during an event in Seward Ne. One of the coolest things I have seen so far, it was close to the ground, and front and center for spectators!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
....here's how one practiced for a ribbon cut...back in the day :cheers:

Attachments

• Pitts KE.jpg
    Pitts KE.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 269

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
....here's how one practiced for a ribbon cut...back in the day :cheers:

just so you know, every time you post one of those pics i have to wander over to barnstormers.com and try to guesstimate the day i'll be able to strap one on myself. patiently waiting....
:focus: