• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Is there a reason I can't see pictures on this thread? Thanks
Sorry.... Your computer does not allow pictures of glow powered planes. LOL....just kidding. I think I posted this before the change over and upgrade done here at GSN. I will upload the photos again so you can see it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
old extra.jpg
old giles.jpg

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Lasers are cool . I'm on a huge laser kick right now.. Got 3 and a 4th coming.. Learned giant scale in the early 2000's on a 1/3 scale Lanier laser..However they are done now so here is my idea and another I cut my teeth on back in the day...

Cap 10 or cap 21! I would be so excited to see..

Also mentioned would be a nice super chipmunk.. Pepsi sky dancer. Make it a 3 piece wing where the center section stays on the plane on its gear..

But the cap 10.....that would win my heart:)

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Terry. Want to do a cool biplane derivant of a Pitts but old school... Weeks special!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 277

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Terry. Want to do a cool biplane derivant of a Pitts but old school... Weeks special!
Now that would be very cool. Haven't seen a really nice Weeks Special R/C style. Can't say I have ever had a thing for the Laser though. My old Extra from '96 was ok... but I sure do like the "Classy" styling of the 260's. Guess to me that will be old school design. Course the 330sp from PAU is so sexy too.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Lasers are cool . I'm on a huge laser kick right now.. Got 3 and a 4th coming.. Learned giant scale in the early 2000's on a 1/3 scale Lanier laser..However they are done now so here is my idea and another I cut my teeth on back in the day...

Cap 10 or cap 21! I would be so excited to see..

Also mentioned would be a nice super chipmunk.. Pepsi sky dancer. Make it a 3 piece wing where the center section stays on the plane on its gear..

But the cap 10.....that would win my heart:)
Yellow Aircraft made a big Cap 10 and there is one partially built on craigslist, check in the Binghampton, NY area. 81" WS maybe?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Allways wanted a larger 50 to 60cc sized Goldberg Super Chipmunk.

There is a kit out there now but I don't like the way it looks. The Cowl and the Canopy don't look right. I also don't want an ultra light oversized kit and I also think the kit is to expensive.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
icon_smile.gif

@Tseres we got a few Chipmunk flyin in our club. They are made by Slipstream ( decent for the price) 30cc size, but Azhar was supposed to be bringing in a 50cc version Chipmunk.