• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Building of the 30cc Slick 540 from Redwing RC!!!

3dbandit

100cc
Awesome pics, side by side the AJ Slick looks to be a nicer kit but also considerably more money. I like the shot of the leading edge of the wing, the AJ wing is much sharper and less rounded.

I have to wonder though, why does someone need both an AJ Slick and a RW Slick the same size and nearly the same color :confused:

From my observations, a thinner leading edge tends to make it easier to do high alfa maneuvers as the wings stalls at a higher speed.

I may be wrong in this observation though. Perhaps [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION] can chime in on this.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
It depends a lot. A thinner airfoil or a sharper leading edge will both make for a cleaner, more abrupt stall for better high alpha. The AJ Slick has a thicker airfoil with a sharper leading edge than what some other manufacturers use, but the HA feel is great. The same goes for a lot of Cardens. On the other hand, other aircraft will use a thinner airfoil with a blunter leading edge, which can also make for a clean harrier. However they will have a different feel in other flight regimens.

The airspeed in the harrier depends on the airfoil, but also on the geometry of the aircraft including cubic loading, wing placement, and fuselage shape.

cap232

50cc
Sorry for taking so long. I've had some personal issues this week. The good news is this plane is finished so let's catch you guys up. Attached are the pictures of cutting the cowl. I'm a professional chemist and take safety very seriously seeing as I'm trained on handling some dangerous things in my work. That translates to my shop for things that generate hazardous dust like cutting cowls.
The slits in the bottom of the cowl were what i saw troy doing in his thread on FG to get to the bottom cowl screws. Tim from Redwing suggested rare earth magnets but I wasn't able to find a good source of those.

are they still like this. I want to buyone but that bothers me a lot. im don't want to cut holes where I shouldn't have to.?

cap232

50cc
some pics of red wing team chilling at the Michigan huckfest . man I wanted one of those banners to hang up at our field for our flying/ lol

HUCKFEST2014 025.JPGHUCKFEST2014 013.JPGHUCKFEST2014 036.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in a FG thread that a users slick came without the additional CF wing support tube installed. The holes are there but no tube installed. Has anyone else seen that?? I was thinking about ordering one but now I'm not sure.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I read in a FG thread that a users slick came without the CF wing support tube. The holes are there but no tube installed. Has anyone else seen that?? I was thinking about ordering one but now I'm not sure.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry mate, it happens to all manufactures, seen it happen in 3DHS, EF and even comp arf kits, sometimes things just forget to get put in the box, but as with all good company's one email and a replacement will be posted out to you, highly doubt it would happen to you though so I wouldn't base your buying decision of it, if it was a regular occurrence that's another story but you hardly hear about missing parts from the bigger sellers

Sorry my post was not clear I have edited it.

I am referring to the additional small CF tube that is glued into the wing for extra support.