• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Building of the 30cc Slick 540 from Redwing RC!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry my post was not clear I have edited it.

I am referring to the additional small CF tube that is glued into the wing for extra support.

I don't know that there is a small CF tube glued into the wing for support? Could this person be confusing the jig alignment holes with having something missing?

I don't know that there is a small CF tube glued into the wing for support? Could this person be confusing the jig alignment holes with having something missing?

I don't think so see attached picture and the link. He talks about it on the last few pages.

Does your Extra have the carbon brace in the wing?? I know the Extra is supposed to have all the new Fusion upgrades.

Thanks

20131103_161104.jpg

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86668

Last edited by a moderator:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Not sure if the 50cc Extra has the carbon rod like my 30cc Slick or not, I'm sure I'll see one in person and find out this weekend at the 3D Bash in Kennett, MO.

Thanks let me know. I wanted to order a plane today but I may wait. Not sure if it's a change or factory oversight.

Maybe Tim will chime in today if he's on the board.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks let me know. I wanted to order a plane today but I may wait. Not sure if it's a change or factory oversight.

Maybe Tim will chime in today if he's on the board.

Just order the Extra and then don't need to worry about the CF tube :)

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey guys - this version that tube was not put in. We changed the design a bit and increased rigidity in other areas. We found the tube in that area didn't add as much rigidity/strength as some other changes that were lighter

Bit by bit our line up will have more and more CF but probably the spars in the wings (not an accessory tube like was done in the first version)