• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BlueBird HB 50B servos

Ok..... think about this..... When you apply more DC voltage, going to your esc, what happens to your amperage, providing your load remains a constant.

Yes, I understand all about Ohms law. I have a 2yr degree in EET.

When you increase your AC voltage, your current goes down. When you increase your DC voltage, your current goes up.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That's a "Loaded" answer....... :laughing:. Have you tried 12 volts? My wires did not get hot. Just the servo's that went south.

JAG

70cc twin V2
When you increase the voltage, the armature correct will increase as well as the available torque and speed. But an excessive amount of current can heat the armature to quite a high temperature causing insulation a on the windings to melt and cause a short circuit.

I have never seen an Mainstream servo rated for 12volts. Did you try running yours on 12v?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
When you increase the voltage, the armature correct will increase as well as the available torque and speed. But an excessive amount of current can heat the armature to quite a high temperature causing insulation a on the windings to melt and cause a short circuit.

I have never seen an Mainstream servo rated for 12volts. Did you try running yours on 12v?

Some huge Seiko servos are 12 and Hitec has 12 volt. No I have not run 12 and was asking if any one has. If you under power a winding it can get hot as well.

In regards to the Seiko, they were used up to 12V, via separate power supply. Needed Ex power as well to function. When used with 12V, you had to machine out the lower case for cooling, so that it would center better. Not a hateful see o for being so stinking huge and analog.

Back to the H50B.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Bunky.F.Knuckle if the system is designed for 12 volts and a second system is designed for 6 volts with both systems the servo has to produce a certain torque the the 12 volt system will use less current and make life a lot better for us and more efficient. And most likely the plugs that we all use today would be sufficient.

I think alot of confusion is setting in here....... And one thing youns are forgetting is the load value or resistance value.

Agree, a 12V system can operate effeciently with a CONSTANT source voltage, not a variable voltage. I see more pilots go to a 12V battery onboard, with CC Pro BEC regulators, set to a constant voltage.

But, Im going to disagree with you because of the reason that if you keep your load constant, and you increase your DC voltage, your DC Amperage (current) does infact go up. Ex... 8.4Vdc constant source voltage dovide it by 12 ohms of load (resistance) gives you a current draw of .7A. Now, you increase your DC voltage to 12, load stays the say, your current is now 1A.

Reactions: JAG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Don't think I explained my self correctly. What I am trying to explane is watts = volts * amps. So if you trying to produce ie 100 watts of power or a certain oz- in of torque at a speed. If the power in both systems are equal ie both need 100 watt the the 12 volt system will use less amps than a system at 6 volts.