• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BlueBird HB 50B servos

JAG

70cc twin V2
I setup my 50B today on the Rudder of my 35% Carden. While setting it up on the bench I ran a long extension lead over to my power board. In this configuration, I did get some jitters in the movement. But I did not see that when I have it in the plane and plugged directly into the power board. It is a pretty current hungry servo. I would minimize the use of extensions and connectors when possible.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I setup my 50B today on the Rudder of my 35% Carden. While setting it up on the bench I ran a long extension lead over to my power board. In this configuration, I did get some jitters in the movement. But I did not see that when I have it in the plane and plugged directly into the power board. It is a pretty current hungry servo. I would minimize the use of extensions and connectors when possible.

I belive what we are all seeing is the following. We have all used servos from when we all started flying. All these servos were from 50 to 120 oz and if we had 120 oz servo we had the best there was now step forward 15 years down the road we are playing with servos that are capable of 800-oz plus. But still the same wires and plugs we bound to get into some trouble. We have more than 8 times the power packed into the same box. So we can expect some heat and we are all using wires and connectors that were great for 100oz servos, to small for what we are doing today. And on top of that our planes are at least twice the size therefore longer wires to the servos. All of which does not help the situation. Bottom line is we all need to change the wiring and connectors as a hole or go up to 12 volts this will help our present situation.

You are gonna run pull pull, correct??

Yes, the servo is hungry. It shouldn't jitter while sitting at neutral, unless you were moving the servo slowly, via the radio. If the latter is the case, its ok. Mine does it too on my Corvus rudder, with a 40" extension. But, in normal flying, it doesn't show.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yes I'm running a pull pull configuration. No jitterying when nuetral. And none when in the plane plugged direct into power board. I only saw it when using 2 small guage wite extensions setting it up on my bench. And it was when I would cycle it.

But when I do use extensions, I make my own and use 22 awg wire.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
What I am going to do is make a custom cable with 18awg for the power and 22awg for signal. A 4 pin Deans or similar connector. Cable will be 4 wires + - s1 s2. Both servos in the rear (elevator) will plug in to the cable. A similar cable but 3 wires for each wing ( single servo).

JAG

70cc twin V2
Good plan. I'm only running 1 on my pull-pull rudder setup and its close enough to plug directly into my power board.

I see these connectors in my future.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1466688822989.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466688822989.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 371