• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best RC Simulator??

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq;8237 wrote: @strangflyer...yeah I have yet to find anyone who is exactly thrilled about Windows 8. Thanks for the response...I will keep you and bigblueswope (another PC guy) in mind if in the future if I have issues...Hope Bart didn't take my post 32 too seriously. Wasn't really advocating a moratorium but I will think twice in the future before I purchase anything affiliated with Mr. Bourke..

Ah well, not thinking Bart took any offense.... We all seem to be of a different cut of cloth here. (I like it) It's nice to "banter" someone without them having a meltdown right? Any input or help I can offer, I am honored to do so...

ace20

New to GSN!
Ant;7070 wrote: RF7 here. Go to the swaps and download Jace's EF 104 Extra, flies great. Also, I downloaded an 89 Slick that flies awesome too, there's a bunch, you just have to try them and don't be afraid to tweak cg,throws,power,props etc.

I know the correlation between RF and someone I won't mention :)dancing-poop:), but that's my choice. :anonymous:

Where are these swaps located? Looking for a krill extra.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm living to regret it.

the problem is, ********** owns Real Flight, RCgroups, and GiantScaleNews. Bourke's company fired SleepyC back in July and that, in turn, made the creation of this site necessary.

Bourke continues to make legal threats/demands against Sleepy so, for that reason, I won't be buying Real Flight anytime soon.

reyn3545

100cc
I wasn't aware of the ongoing threats, but I was following the SleepyC issue pretty close on the other site.

I don't know what led to his departure, and it's none of my business.... but when those guys started slapping other members around for nothing more than wishing Sleepy good luck, things got ugly very fast. People were banned, suspended, warned, etc.. for no real reason other than (it looked like) everyone on the original team was getting the door slammed in their faces. No reason for that schidt.

I can certainly understand how that may have an impact on how you want to spend your money!

reyn3545

100cc
With that said... I tried Phoenix a year or so back, because there was a third party wireless interface that you could use with Phoenix, in between your radio and your computer. Works pretty well. I like RF better for the video quality, availability of airplane options, etc,, but for the little flying I do with it, being able to prop the feet up across the room and fly wireless on a 48 inch 3DTV screen is pretty cool!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
reyn3545;10878 wrote: ...............I can certainly understand how that may have an impact on how you want to spend your money!

yup.

********** is also trying to become an airshow performer operating as Extreme Aerosports. I wouldn't go to an airshow that he's performing in and as this dispute with SleepyC get larger I'm sure that word will spill over from the Giant Scale community into the full scale aerobatics community. there's a lot of crossover between the two.

Bart