• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best RC Simulator??

Mikeq

150cc
Bartman;7581 wrote: if ********** didn't own Real Flight I'd have no problem buying it but I just can't so I guess I"ll be trying Aero Fly. No way, no how.

Dang Bart, the next time I load up my real flight program it will probably make me feel dirty or ashamed...causing one of those Jimmy Swaggart moment's:upset:...I maybe even develop some sort of metal complex from it:miserable:

I'm looking at purchasing a new laptop in the near future and my current quandary is whether to purchase one with Windows 7, which I currently have or Windows 8. So before I load my real flight program onto C drive I might wait and see what simulator you went with and how well you like it.. Maybe we ought to start a moratorium on purchasing RF products as a form of monetary retribution for Jim's callous act perpetrated on Sleepy and his family..

Mikeq

150cc
Bartman;8105 wrote: ugh...i opened up a can of works with this one!

No you didn't... I guess the moratorium thing is a little too much and I'm sure after all of us have come over here he's probably having or going to have one of those "what the hell did I do"thoughts...

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Mikeq;8101 wrote: Dang Bart, the next time I load up my real flight program it will probably make me feel dirty or ashamed...causing one of those Jimmy Swaggart moment's:upset:...I maybe even develop some sort of metal complex from it:miserable:

I'm looking at purchasing a new laptop in the near future and my current quandary is whether to purchase one with Windows 7, which I currently have or Windows 8. So before I load my real flight program onto C drive I might wait and see what simulator you went with and how well you like it.. Maybe we ought to start a moratorium on purchasing RF products as a form of monetary retribution for Jim's callous act perpetrated on Sleepy and his family..

Go with windows 7.

Mikeq

150cc
ericb;8151 wrote: Go with windows 7.

Yeah that's what I have decided to do...don't really care about the touch screen thing and I'm real comfortable with 7. Most of the people I know that has Windows 8 has had some trouble with it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq;8101 wrote: Dang Bart, the next time I load up my real flight program it will probably make me feel dirty or ashamed...causing one of those Jimmy Swaggart moment's:upset:...I maybe even develop some sort of metal complex from it:miserable:

Mike: FWIW... A little brief info. I've put my time in behind the "electronic viewing window" to our world...connected to every form of OS's invented. Both from HP and at home, building and tweaking P/C's. Of all OS still available and still offering support, your best bet is Win7. You absolutely do not want Win8. You may already know this. Win8 was originally designed for smart phones and the social media. Win8 is the most frustrating, troublesome and idiotic OS ever written. Does it work? Yeah...if ya wanna play on FB or Twitter or the like. Just my thoughts....

jaybird

70cc twin V2
For what it's worth, I messed around at the hobby shop the other day with the newest version of Phoenix, and it wasn't bad at all. I don't know if the plane I flew was "stock" or not but it was really good.

Mikeq

150cc
stangflyer;8181 wrote: Mike: FWIW... A little brief info. I've put my time in behind the "electronic viewing window" to our world...connected to every form of OS's invented. Both from HP and at home, building and tweaking P/C's. Of all OS still available and still offering support, your best bet is Win7. You absolutely do not want Win8. You may already know this. Win8 was originally designed for smart phones and the social media. Win8 is the most frustrating, troublesome and idiotic OS ever written. Does it work? Yeah...if ya wanna play on FB or Twitter or the like. Just my thoughts....

@strangflyer...yeah I have yet to find anyone who is exactly thrilled about Windows 8. Thanks for the response...I will keep you and bigblueswope (another PC guy) in mind if in the future if I have issues...Hope Bart didn't take my post 32 too seriously. Wasn't really advocating a moratorium but I will think twice in the future before I purchase anything affiliated with Mr. Bourke..

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2

+1

however floaty ! falling back to Aerofly !! RF goes out !! however good