• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: Member Review: Extreme Flight 48" Yak-EXP

Feral

Extreme Flight 48" Yak-EXP

Not a factory reset but I went through the programming and checked the settings. I upped the timing to 30 and made sure soft start and heli mode were off. I also put a throttle curve in my radio it's a bit better but its still nowhere near as punchy as my 60" extra or PA bandit maybe I need a motrolfly and castle

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Cheers home I'll try that. It's nothing like my 60" it takes 5secs to reach full power after I bang the stick up

A few more details might help narrow it down.
  • Are only when you open the throttle from a dead stop or is there a lag whenever you increase throttle position, even when the motor is already running?
  • Does the prop 'judder' before spooling up or does the motor emit a screeching noise as it accelerates?

Feral

There's no judder and there's lag at all throt positions while the motor is running

Feral

Update on the little thunder. I've tried everything with the esc it's coming out and goin back to DA Australia. Apart from that it's awsome I love it harriers are rock solid Ke spins are of the chain crankshafts are just rediculous with all that elevator. All we need now is 6x" and 78" yaks

gyro

GSN Contributor

Getting a few flights on my Yak today. Put in a 5085mg on the elevator to get more throw... Wow! She cuts through the wind very well, and pop tops are really fun with all the energy in there.
Having fun with her today!

Gyrizzle did you take that green magnety thing off your esc lead? Mines an inch short from reaching the rx

I'm sure this issue is resolved by now, but I would like to add that I learned from Chris Jewett's build video to delete the ferrite ring on 48" EXP builds. I don't know when I would have found out otherwise that the ring is useless for 2.4 GHz systems.

Feral

Thanks Andrew I'll remove it. This thing still has no low down punch the esc has been replaced its better than the 1st esc but it's still not right:( I might have to swap to a castle lite 50

Feral

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370837292.909935.jpg love the vinyl thanks gyro