• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: Member Review: Extreme Flight 48" Yak-EXP

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I realize that i am a competing company, But this is the plane that introduced me to 3D and the first plane after my trainer. I have nothing but good things to say about the original one, and i am sure this one will be even better. I know i am personally really excited to see it back it was a sad day when i ran out of sky with my original one. :( Looks awesome Chris and thanks for everything you do for the hobby!

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
a6722037-33-zzz3000%20X%201688%20Thunder%20Power%20Logo%20015.jpg

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Thanks!

I've been flying the yak a lot and I think this is the most underrated 48" plane on the market. It took me some time to figure the plane out, but now I just love it.

Most of the EXPs are pretty similar and the differences in flight characteristics are subtle. The Yak is it's own beast, though It's very, very different and you fly it differently.

Here's one we shot yesterday...................

[video=vimeo;97454169]https://vimeo.com/97454169[/video]​

Come on, guys. Let's see some more Yak video.

maxx4wd

50cc
Nice article...Just so happens that I'm in the market for a 48" plane to replace my foamie and my go to company is out of stock on just about everything. I've been dying to try another style of plane and based on your review I think I've found my next one...

Thanks for the write up! Great info.

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Still loving the Yak, though you might think otherwise from the way I treat it!

[video=vimeo;117462234]https://vimeo.com/117462234[/video]​