• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anyone Running 32:1 Redline in a DA?

Rusty 73

100cc
Get some telemetry on the engine with a temp sensor and see what temperature range your engine is running .. What another $45 for a sensor , I better running T4 VP fuel will run at a lower temp than pump gas . As for ZDZ don't they have a wide range for oil ratios that the company says you can run compared to DA engines ! Yup 35-1 for breakin and 40-1 for normal running

Rusty 73

100cc
A high quality oil at 40:1 after engine is broken in and Pennzoil air oil at 32:1 for break in . Got this from ZDZ instruction manual on their site .
They even give a temperature of 180- 210F on the top two fins anything higher and you risk damaging the engine .

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Air cools the engines, not the oil so no temp sensors needed. Ben to answer your question, if you have an engine in your inventory that requires 32:1, you are just fine to run that in anything. It will not hurt anything, and you will not feel the difference. Hell if I ran oil to what each of my engines says I'd have 5 jugs of gas / oil mix going at all times LOL.

This thread is funny.

Rusty 73

100cc
Get some telemetry on the engine with a temp sensor and see what temperature range your engine is running .. What another $45 for a sensor , I better running T4 VP fuel will run at a lower temp than pump gas . As for ZDZ don't they have a wide range for oil ratios that the company says you can run compared to DA engines ! Yup 35-1 for breakin and 40-1 for normal running

Just checked VP fuel and a five gallon of T4 oxygenated with 93 engine octane is$60 .63 or $ 12.13 per gallon . C9 fuel in five gallon container engine octane 92 is $56.88 or $11.37 a gallon .
A gallon (us) here is $ 3.62 to $3.75 so VP fuel is about 3.2 times more money than the pump gas .

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
50:1 and you good to go, run it in anything. Bonus you will smell like fries, an bacon

I'm going to check with KFC and see if I can get some oil!!! "Nothing better than torque rolling on the deck and it smells like fried chicken!!!!", then have some chicken on the grill out back to sell because everyone is so hungry after you fly!! Tell you what it could be enough to pay for the hobby completely!!!!

GENIUS!!!

A high quality oil at 40:1 after engine is broken in and Pennzoil air oil at 32:1 for break in . Got this from ZDZ instruction manual on their site .
They even give a temperature of 180- 210F on the top two fins anything higher and you risk damaging the engine .
Those temps are for water coold engines. Air cooled engines should be 250-300F. I run temp sensors and telemetry to monitor temps. Could you post a link to those temps because I did not find it.