• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anyone Running 32:1 Redline in a DA?

Still thinking about motor options for the Dalton 300 and a ZDZ 180 is on the list. If I went that route, I'd run Redline at 32:1 in the ZDZ.

I'd use the same gas for my EF Edge so I'm curious if anyone has tried Redline at 32:1 in a DA.

I used to run Stihl HP Ultra at 32:1 for my DLEs and ran it in my DAs as well. The DA doesn't need it but I didn't want to have more than 1 fuel mix. The only down side was a bit more residue on the airplanes at the end of a day of flying, but not much. These days I've settled on 40:1 and my DLEs and DAs both still seem perfectly happy.

Wayne

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Been running Redline 32:1 in my DA120 and it does fine. 22 gallons so far. Running same in my new 70 and it's doing fine.
After about 7 gallons the 120 broke in and the plugs looked like a light gray color from the aluminum deposited on them from break in. Here are the plugs that replaced them. About 15 gallons on them. I also run standard 87 octane pump gas.

0226162044-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Still thinking about motor options for the Dalton 300 and a ZDZ 180 is on the list. If I went that route, I'd run Redline at 32:1 in the ZDZ.

I'd use the same gas for my EF Edge so I'm curious if anyone has tried Redline at 32:1 in a DA.
Give it a couple of gallons of 32:1. Bump her to 40 and call it good.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
32:1 / 40:1 is splitting hairs. The difference is .00625 parts oil to gas in each ounce. The newer ZDZ's are OK'd for 40:1 and the only benefit on the older one's is slightly easier to start with more oil sealing the rotary valve. It's much more important to run a quality oil like redline. 32:1 will also make engines last longer with a little more oil on the needle bearings, etc.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
For the "old math" guys that's about 4% oil to the gallon @32:1 and 3.2% @40:1 .Just like the beer every one hates. See.:gnashing:not:cheers:.