• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anyone Running 32:1 Redline in a DA?

That is the amazing aspect of Desert Aircraft, they are constantly performing tests on the motors, and more than manufacturing, they are like a lab, they test, monitor, observe, improve!! The benefactor of all this is the consumer. Costs more up front, but you get a great product. And if one day there is a problem, they will take care of their motor. Imagine, they are so confident, they increased the warranty on their motors from 1 to 3 years.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Dang!

@Terryscustom, are you running 40:1 or 32:1?

I have a variety of engines from DLE, DA, ZDZ and a couple others. I run about 38:1 because the China engines last longer and the rotary valve engines seal better. I also fly pretty hard and fly a lot so my engines get hot and it's juts a tad more protection. Either ratio, with redline and good gas you'll be just fine.

Rusty 73

100cc
I wouldn't , you just carbon up your engine and plugs quickly and not get that nice brown / tan burn on your plugs

It's better to with a good racing fuel with 91-93 octane with no methanol And run it with 40:1 ratio .
To much fuel now has methanol mixed in that attracts moisture and screws up the carburetor diaphragms and does burn correctly leading to improper detonation in the and screws up the engine . Methanol burns at slower rate than gas so it slows down the proper burn rate of high octane fuel leading leading to damage and a lot less power from the engine. You have to advance your timing on the engine to compensate for the longer burn time with ethonal / methonal fuels.
I can afford $3.85 / gallon for 93 octane fuel from VP fuel ( T4) that doesnt contain any methanol and is what the Karting group use in their engines and is a proven fuel for our application . It believe that my engines are worth it for premium race quality fuel :oblong:
Just my two cents about fuel ratios

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I wouldn't , you just carbon up your engine and plugs quickly and not get that nice brown / tan burn on your plugs

False, depending on your oil. Redline does not form carbon on your pistons ;-) It actually cleans out your engines if you had previously run other oil. I used to run HP Ultra and usually had some buildup on the pistons and in the mufflers. Switched to Redline and those engines are mostly cleaned out. I ran 7 gallons at 32-38:1 through my ZDZ112 and chanced to pipes......Piston tops look like it's only been flown a couple times, zero buildup.

I can afford $3.85 / gallon for 93 octane fuel from VP fuel ( T4) that doesnt contain any methanol and is what the Karting group use in their engines and is a proven fuel for our application . It believe that my engines are worth it for premium race quality fuel :oblong:
Just my two cents about fuel ratios

I may be moving to an area that doesn't have ethanol free gas so I may have to try and find some of that T4.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I'm a bit of a simpleton. If the guy who designs, manufactures, sells, and services the engine says to use 40:1 Redline, well, I use 40:1 Redline. But that just me!! o_O

True but what if you going to run another brand like ZDZ?

That's why I'm asking.

I'm still not 100% decided but certainly leaning that way.