• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anyone Running 32:1 Redline in a DA?

yakken

100cc
Should i switch to redline? My muffler bearing looks dry.
uploadfromtaptalk1462401915790.jpg

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Well, I have a vast knowledge & experience on muffler bearings & I suggest you switch to Redline immediately !! I switched over on all my muffler bearings years ago & am very satisfied !!
Ha !! I really did go from Belray to Redline a couple yrs. ago in all my gas engines, though I thought the Belray worked real good . I have 2 DAs & 1 DLE & they are all right around 8 yrs. old now & run great !!
Thanks, John

yakken

100cc
I started with belray on my first gasser years ago. It was a da fiddy. The belray kept building up carbon on the plug and fouling it out. I switched to stihl and no problems. But i hear redline is a tad better.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I started with belray on my first gasser years ago. It was a da fiddy. The belray kept building up carbon on the plug and fouling it out. I switched to stihl and no problems. But i hear redline is a tad better.
Hey Ken,

Which Belray did you run and get the carbon buildup?

Thanks,
David

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks,

Someone suggested I try the MC1 and it's worked out OK so far in an Evolution, but now I'm a little concerned about it. I'd hate to subject my new 3W70 twin to an oil that is just going to foul it up. Maybe an email to Gerhard is in order.

Thanks Buddy,
David