• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Laser 230z 73" Build Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Last Post for a couple weeks, sorry for being a thread hog. But here is it.

IMG_2686.JPGIMG_2687.JPGIMG_2688.JPGIMG_2689.JPG

Beautiful, Nice and Clean Job [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION]... So are you done with the CG???.... I had to ad some weight on front..... I move all that I can to the front and it still was Tail Heavy, so i put 3 or 4 Weight Leads on the motor box..... Possible maiden tomorrow if NY weather let me do it.

Bipenut53

150cc
Looks really good [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION]!! looking forward to your maiden in a couple of weeks.... [MENTION=4301]PoncioPilot[/MENTION] I hope your maiden goes well!! Please keep us updated.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I think I'm done with the CG, 1/4" is pretty close, plus with 16oz of fuel I think it should be about right. I anticipated it being nose heavy, and moved as much aft as possible. Surprised yours is tail heavy. Maybe the DLE is lighter? Dunno.
I guess I'm going to have a maiden to look forward to in a couple weeks. I hope yours is most excellent!! I want all the details post flight!!

. Surprised yours is tail heavy. Maybe the DLE is lighter? Dunno.
I guess I'm going to have a maiden to look forward to in a couple weeks. I hope yours is most excellent!! I want all the details post flight!!

Me too, then i figure out that i'm using 2 servos for the elevator, maybe that can be one reason... well tomorrow is the day, so I hope to come back early with a video for you guys.... the plane is beautiful, only needs a 3DRCFORUMS sticker... lol

Steve_JR

New to GSN!
Looks great you two! I'll have to get some video of my flying here soon if the freakin snow would just get off the field...

Bipenut53

150cc
Looks great you two! I'll have to get some video of my flying here soon if the freakin snow would just get off the field...

Boy I know that feeling! We just got into our normal field for the first time this year, snow has been gone for a while but it makes a muddy mess trying to get there until it drys up enough. It was a good time until the wind blew us off because it got cold!! Hope you get there soon!!

Well guys after 2 days attempting to do the maiden, struggling with the Cold and Wind, I finally did yesterday afternoon... I only flew no more than 4 minutes for the win factor, my club is facing the Brooklyn bay, and when the the Weather APP says Win 13 MPH at the field we got 33MPH ( [MENTION=4415]Steve_JR[/MENTION] knows how it is )..... What can I say about the plane: Engine starts easily, Plane super Straight, I spend a few hours measuring the incidence in all the surfaces so when I put some throttle the plane was up in the air flying straight, no trims need it. Power: OMG, half way throttle stick is enough to send the plane up to the clouds.

I have the compromise and I promise to [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] that i'll post a video but in that condition was impossible to record something that worth.... Another pilot that was there that day send me a short clip with the take off..... For sure, next weekend i'll bring you guys a really really good video with the SFG cutting the grass... lol... I owe it to the forum.

Ohh almost forget the short clip

[video=youtube;TmXdLEageeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmXdLEageeA[/video]

It was difficult to check the rates and all that... but I feel happy with what i saw.... Hold that gust and wind, this plane really surprise me.

Bipenut53

150cc
Nice job [MENTION=4301]PoncioPilot[/MENTION] the airplane looks good! At least we got to see a takeoff!! Thank you for posting that and I look forward to another video from you!! I was thinking that it didn't go well at first.