• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I tried to get with @stangflyer today via the tele but no answer, when he takes a hiatus he takes one. Anyone else as familiar with the 3W engine? Nothing is wrong with it I just have a question.
I have had 2 for 10 years or more but all my experience is with singles.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I tried to get with @stangflyer today via the tele but no answer, when he takes a hiatus he takes one. Anyone else as familiar with the 3W engine? Nothing is wrong with it I just have a question.
I hope it is just a hiatus which we all need now and again from the hobby.

WMcNabb

150cc
I am going to add smoke to this bad boy, preferably before Nall, and have been bouncing between the PowerBox Smoke pump and the HolySmokes pump. Have any of you guys used either one of these and what was your impression?

Any insights or decisions on smoke? Toying with the idea myself.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Any insights or decisions on smoke? Toying with the idea myself.
Two things one needs as an absolute in my opinion. First is the Bad Dog smoke nozzles, they seriously aid in atomizing the oil so as little as possible is used, I prefer to preheat but that's just me. And second is the pump, I have tried the Sullivan, the Holy Smoke, the Miracle, and a couple others but none ran as smoothly or as electrically efficient as this PowerBox. Albeit I have only had the PB a couple days I do believe it will last well beyond the airframe and recommend trying one.
I also highly recommend mixing the pump with throttle, no sense in pumping excess oil.

WMcNabb

150cc
Two things one needs as an absolute in my opinion. First is the Bad Dog smoke nozzles, they seriously aid in atomizing the oil so as little as possible is used, I prefer to preheat but that's just me. And second is the pump, I have tried the Sullivan, the Holy Smoke, the Miracle, and a couple others but none ran as smoothly or as electrically efficient as this PowerBox. Albeit I have only had the PB a couple days I do believe it will last well beyond the airframe and recommend trying one.
I also highly recommend mixing the pump with throttle, no sense in pumping excess oil.

Thanks for the info!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Just received an email stating my gear has shipped and it has a tracking number, as soon the label registers I'll see a delivery date. Woo Hoo!!!

Just received an email stating my gear has shipped and it has a tracking number, as soon the label registers I'll see a delivery date. Woo Hoo!!!
Robert, glad to hear you got yours

Just gave them a ring and was told, "You guys hit us hard with that one....yours are next on the list, probably two to three weeks out"....well at least I've got that going for me!

Bill

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Robert, glad to hear you got yours

Just gave them a ring and was told, "You guys hit us hard with that one....yours are next on the list, probably two to three weeks out"....well at least I've got that going for me!

Bill
Yea, I heard that. I was told someone bought their last one and then numerous orders for others came in. Guess they was not expecting that for a plane that has been out of production for several years.
Been thinking that if this bird holds up well for a few months I just might put a Valach 170 in it.

It's like anything that's 'no longer produced'......when you find a new/different supplier you jump all over it before it too is, 'gone,gone,gone'

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well look at what finally arrived, two and a half months in the making the gear are here and they are definitely stout! I do believe the next time I get the Ultimate in the shop I will go ahead a swap them out. No point in waiting for the originals to give and possibly cause damage else where.

Attachments

• P1090350.JPG
    P1090350.JPG
    381.4 KB · Views: 356