Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by acerc, Feb 21, 2019.

1. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    And so it begins, the AW Ultimate assembly. I like the PAU one so much that when this one was offered up I took it, well, it did take some pondering the notion of two of them but "Ultimately" I had to have it. These pics are of the offering and then it in my shop.

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      687.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      531.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      397.2 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      556.9 KB
      Views:
    Bartman, HRRC Flyer, WMcNabb and 5 others like this.
  2. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    So first up is to go over everything with an iron to insure a good adhered covering, the tail feathers are done.

Attached Files:

• 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      387.6 KB
      Views:
  3. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    And, no, I have not finished recovering the Challenger as I just don't have that kind of time right now. I am in the process of removing a dwelling from our property and can only tinker on the hobby in the late evenings after I am to tired to "work".
    Components will be 3W150, Savox SV1270TG, Futaba 14 Channel Rx, dual 3000mah LiPo, Tech Aero IBEC, Booma RC dual battery pin flag, and to top it off A Falcon 32x10 prop and spinner.

HRRC Flyer, Naor, stangflyer and 3 others like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Is this a new old plane has it ever been flown. Looks good. I am in for the ride.

49dimes and acerc like this.
  5. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Yes, it is a new old plane and fortunately it has never been assembled. I do wonder just how old it is, by the condition of the covering I would not think it could be more than a couple years.

Snoopy1 likes this.

6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Believe it or not I would put that airframe at least 8 years old. Looks as if some one took good care storing it.

thurmma, Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

I believe Dimes is correct. If memory serves, wasn't it the second of two scheme offered for that airframe at that time? Don't quote me, but I had thought I remembered that plane from at "least" four or five years ago. My son has the matching 120cc size of that one you have. No matter, either way it will be full on bad ass when you are done.

Along for the ride... bring it on. whipping-smiley-emoticon.gif

thurmma, Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.
  8. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    I would not have guessed it being that old. But if it was kept in a climate controlled environment such as in one's house that would preserve the covering. That is also why I climate control my toy trailer, to aid in preserving the airframes and components. Woke up not feeling so great today so no work on the removal/demolition and unless something changes no work on more ironing.

Snoopy1, HRRC Flyer and stangflyer like this.
  9. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Hope you feel better soon. I too have more "Not feeling good :ugh:" than "Feeling good :)" days so far this month.
    Must be something in the air...….or rather...….Lack of getting something in the air:(.

thurmma, Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  10. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

It must be going around fellows. I also have not been feeling on top of the world. It must be all of the sudden snow and cold that we are getting. We enjoyed a fairly mild January. But oh look out, February comes along and all hell breaks loose. Hope you all get feeling better.

49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.