• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Xpress hi there picked up my Aerobeez 540 slick 78 inch at Toledo Friday. Still have to open the box but excited to get it, now I have a home for my DA 50. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 307
Hate to see you lose it due to a piece of crap ez connector. I had one come apart on an elevator. Not my airplane, but I was flying it.

Eventually means to me is that it will never happen. Change it now, or pay for it later, thats how I see it...

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i was thinking the same thing, would hate to see such a nice build end up in a heap over a connector. a washer over the ball joint at the throttle would be nice too.

nice build Tanner, good looking airplane

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yall have convinced me, placed an order at Horizon for some rolls of covering I needed and some threaded 2-56 rod and red Dubro ball links :)

Spending my money for me :oblong::p

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Some more work has been done over the past few days. For one I got all of the elevator wiring fitted and cleaned up inside of the fuselage. I also fitted my PowerBox and my Maxima SL receivers. Decided to go back to using the flight preservers because why not, they protect the receiver from vibrations, wrap the receiver snugly inside and keep it from moving, and also give a good way to mount them. Since I am using the Single Line (S.Bus) receivers, they don't generate heat from a lack of current flowing through them so there's not issue in wrapping them. Velcro sticks like glue to the flight preservers so I know they won't move.

With the PowerExpander being installed I plugged the elevators in and set them up again. For some reason everything was all off so I just reset them to neutral and started over.

12919638_10210016284790616_722004942892549885_n.jpg

Received my covering and ball link hardware yesterday so I covered up the bottom of the right wing panel. I spent some time going over all of the glue joints and repairing ribs to make sure it was solid, should last quite a while.

12494702_10210026971017765_1081488800073851659_n.jpg

And after. Ultracote is by far my favorite covering to work with because I find it simple and easy to work. A casual 45 minutes of work and it was looking like factory.

12924435_10210026971377774_3406909519006767662_n.jpg

You'll see the red patch up close, but who cares in the air. Certainly not me.

The plan for this weekend is to swap out the lamesauce EZ connector on the throttle and fit a ball linkage instead, fit my receiver switch and batteries, then finish tidying everything up.

Anybody have a Falcon 24x9 carbon they want to loan me on a 99 year loan program? :D:cool: