• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

I guess Chad has flown his AeroBeez. Guess it flys far better than a 3DHS Slick..... I will find out in a couple weeks. Chad is only 4.5 hr away from me, to the S. Make a nice weekend trip. Fly some new stuff, and poke holes in paper with our expensive paper punches!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just trying to help. If you still have no idea what happend. You said that the plane just went dead is that correct. Did it go dead while doing wild maneuvers. One thing you may try is a load test. Batteries sometimes seem to be ok and have good voltage and charges ok. You had 8.4 volt pack. Do a 10 amp load on the battery for a good minute.
You will need a 0.8 ohm resister at no less than 100 watts. This will put a decent load on the battery. When you do this check to see if the battery can hold voltage or drops like a stone. If it does we know what happend. Hope this helps.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The way I have my receiver power setup would mean that both batteries would have had to fail under load- not that it matters, the HSB-9485SH's won't draw anything near what an equivalent coreless digital will under load (which in this case happens to be an HS-7955TG).

Only half the airplane went out, which makes me think it was power being removed.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
The way I have my receiver power setup would mean that both batteries would have had to fail under load- not that it matters, the HSB-9485SH's won't draw anything near what an equivalent coreless digital will under load (which in this case happens to be an HS-7955TG).

Only half the airplane went out, which makes me think it was power being removed.
How many flights did you get in after you charged the batteries the night before? If it wasn't the 1900 mah batteries than maybe one of the receivers came loose and pulled power. I did not see a strap around your receivers so maybe the velcro came loose and the rudder arm caught the power input and pulled it out.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
How many flights did you get in after you charged the batteries the night before? If it wasn't the 1900 mah batteries than maybe one of the receivers came loose and pulled power. I did not see a strap around your receivers so maybe the velcro came loose and the rudder arm caught the power input and pulled it out.

That was the 2nd flight of the day, packs were freshly recharged the night before.

I am sticking with the power being removed, that seems the most likely scenario here. The post-crash analysis only gave me theories and no actual hard evidence.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Being it's all but an exact "COPY" of the 3DHS Slick, I bet they fly about the same.

Was going to say the same thing but everything but the covering is exact copy from what I can see. Other than the splash of carbon for glamour factor. The 89 slick was one of the best planes produced for 55-60cc planes, I loved mine. It's on it's 4th owner now.

@Xpress I hope you get it figured out dude, nothing worse than a mystery crash from electronics. I'd rather dumb thumb something than have that problem.