• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

Guys, just pulled the trigger on one of these bad birds. Red one on the way + a GP61.

Still figuring out servos, but the Savox 1270 seems to be a good value for the speed and torque at $99 and hv capable. Not sure what to go with for the throttle, anyone have a good recommendation?

Also on the GP61, are you guys running a break-in prop, or just go straight to a 24x9 (I'm at 5000 feet asl, thinking the 24x10 won't work too well here) and go easy for a while.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm using the Savox SV-0220MG on the throttle of my Savox equipped planes.

On my GP61, I saw Kole at an event, and he said run it like you plan to, so I pulled the 23x10 off, went to the 24x9, and VP 40:1 powermix. I personally prefer the 24x10 and switched over to it.

Woohoo - plane showed up today! By truck! I was a bit horrified when it was cinched down to the side of the truck with a come along, and the cowl box was bashed in.

No damage - this is the sturdiest box job I've ever seen from China.

So quick question for you guys flying this plane. I am thinking Savox 1270TG's all around, I've got a spare AR8000 receiver, should I go with a power board or straight from the receiver? Savox specs looks like 5000ma full stall draw. I'm thinking 5 of these servos might be a bit much for a standard rx power bus? Although they won't all be at full stall ever, I'd rather not lose a plane due to not enough current to servos and frying the rx.

What are you guys doing? (oh, and if I'm being a 'tard by picking those servos please let me know as I haven't bought them yet...)

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Woohoo - plane showed up today! By truck! I was a bit horrified when it was cinched down to the side of the truck with a come along, and the cowl box was bashed in.

No damage - this is the sturdiest box job I've ever seen from China.

So quick question for you guys flying this plane. I am thinking Savox 1270TG's all around, I've got a spare AR8000 receiver, should I go with a power board or straight from the receiver? Savox specs looks like 5000ma full stall draw. I'm thinking 5 of these servos might be a bit much for a standard rx power bus? Although they won't all be at full stall ever, I'd rather not lose a plane due to not enough current to servos and frying the rx.

What are you guys doing? (oh, and if I'm being a 'tard by picking those servos please let me know as I haven't bought them yet...)

Thanks!!

Great servos, really powerful and fast. We ran a set through the rx on full 2s LiPo power and they did fine. (Spektrum ar9110).
Obviously, that rx is designed for a little more power, so hard to compare.
The new redwing power boards are nice!

[video=youtube_share;CEbykrkavg0]http://youtu.be/CEbykrkavg0[/video]

Thanks for posting that Gyro - I didn't know Redwing was making any boards. The 9110 rx has been sold out forever, and I'd prefer to run that for the simplicity. But since I can't find one, it looks like a power expander is my option! I'd think 5 big Savox servos could overload a standard power bus.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Triple Tree tree won the battle!

10288734_707703485931845_2926615554838357530_n.jpg