• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
This one will be my entry into gas powered flight.
DA60 and KS pipe all the way!!!

Please Santa bring me a lovely blue/red/white 91" extra300 for Xmas!!

hone

150cc
I really really want one of these but i have 78 inches from the dashboard to the back corner of my car and the Extra is 76.5'' without the rudder or spinner. Cutting it close but i would LOVE to make it happen.

Tis is such a good looking plane... After looking into costs... I'm considering going 50cc instead of 30cc... And running the EME60 with 7955TGs. I'd either go with this, or the 92" edge...

SnowDog

Tis is such a good looking plane... After looking into costs... I'm considering going 50cc instead of 30cc... And running the EME60 with 7955TGs. I'd either go with this, or the 92" edge...

Now that is a tough choice...I'd say "one of each" :) but I can't afford either one myself, so....;)

Now that is a tough choice...I'd say "one of each" :) but I can't afford either one myself, so....;)

Me too! If I can convince my parents to let me order one... I'll need a bit of a sponsorship from them (parents) ;) Lol. I figured if I went 30cc that would be like 13-1400 with Lipos and a new charger, but this would just be a few hundred more... And my mom doesn't like Lipos... :D So I'd go gas.

hone

150cc
I've been reading a lot on the EME 60 and it looks VERY promising. At half the cost of the DA it really does bring it into a more affordable range. You can't skimp on servos on this plane though. It's almost as big as the 104'' Extra but only has one aileron servo per wing.

Straight from the manual..."DO NOT SKIMP ON SERVOS! Your aircraft is equipped with very large control surfaces that deflect
well over 45 degrees. A lot of servo power is required to prevent flutter and to maintain the required
deflection for maneuvers. We absolutely recommend the use of METAL GEARED servos with a
minimum of 350 oz. inches of torque for the ailerons and elevator and at least 450 oz. inches of torque
for the rudder."

Daniel Holman was saying that he was getting a little blowback on the ailerons and rudder with 7955s at Joe Nall. This plane is HUUUUGE! Check the thread on FG, Daniel posted a pic of the 91 fuse next to the 104 and they're almost the same size. It's much bigger than other 50cc planes, and being an EXP the control surfaces are GIANT! The elevators on the 91 have about the same surface area as the ones on the 104.

hone

150cc
If i get this plane i'm going with either futaba bls 157s or savox 2270sg for the rudder and ailerons...i'd use 7955s on the elevators though.

This guy is using the EME 60 on the stock muffler and savox 2270SGs all the way around

[video=youtube;I75MfPMKmsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75MfPMKmsw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BTW he's 15 :)

Last edited by a moderator: