• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

dribar

70cc twin V2
My da-70 has been the best da I've ever owned. Ran right out of the box for ten flights, then a small leaning. Can't say enough good about it.

If you have not purchased the motor I would strongly urge you to go with the 70. It is slightly cheaper than the 60/RE2 and slightly lighter with stock muffs. Also easier to tune and less vibes.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thank You, I think DA60 would be fine for me as i am new to 3D flying and i am not an expert yet. I might change my mind as i won't be ordering a 91" till July. I just ordered a 48" Extra to play around with.
I'm not going back on what I said. I wanted to give two examples. However, Enterprise is the go to man up here with data. Maybe a new nickname Matt- "Mr. Data"! Anyway, what Matt offers is theoretical and calculated data backed up with practical testing. He's a good man to do all the research he does and then share it, thanks Matt!His point on the 70 is very valid. If cost isn't going to be an issue (sounds like it's not and isn't a big difference anyway) definitely go with the 70. I haven't mounted mine yet but know it's the right choice for this airframe. Now with Wrong Way coming out with a 23.5oz tank there is a great tank solution too. Please let us know what you do and how it works out. I will be posting my progress when I get the darn thing built

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so........ I just sold my Cap and just ordered this airplane and I am super stoaked to get it coming. I have 2 60" Extreme flight airplanes, the Extra 300 EXP and the Edge 540T. I love flying them both and they make me look better than I am. Im hoping for the same result with this airplane. I ordered the Savox 1270 servos for it and going to run the Fromoco switch and 2 2cell 2700 mah lipo batteries for receiver power......

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Hitec HS-5665MH

$39-43

Speed: 6.0V, 0.16 sec/60°
7.4V, 0.14 sec/60°
Torque: 6.0V, 122 oz-in (8.8 kg-cm)
7.4V, 139 oz-in (10 kg-cm)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you very much, just ordered!

Lucky!!! I had the 50cc version which I believe was a 89" and all I can say is wow that is a killer plane! I know you will love this new plane Bipenut! Will you be doing a build thread?

Bipenut53

150cc
Didnt Know I was allowed lol, I will if wanted/needed..... I am having trouble deciding on weather to go with the pull pull on the rudder or direct as I am putting a 70cc twin on it.... any thoughts anyone??