• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

If i get this plane i'm going with either futaba bls 157s or savox 2270sg for the rudder and ailerons...i'd use 7955s on the elevators though.

This guy is using the EME 60 on the stock muffler and savox 2270SGs all the way around

[video=youtube;I75MfPMKmsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75MfPMKmsw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BTW he's 15 :)
Why would you use 7955s on the Elevators instead of 2270s?

hone

150cc
If i already had them i would use them on the elevators or if i wanted to save some money. I would rather use 2270s. Looks like Neal pushes the servos pretty hard and you can see he has more than enough authority..

hone

150cc
Indeed they are but it has been said by a few people that they won't be enough for the ailerons or rudder(according to the manual they should be fine for ailerons but not the rudder)....Now this is taking about blowback at high speed with a DA60 on a pipe.

Indeed they are but it has been said by a few people that they won't be enough for the ailerons or rudder(according to the manual they should be fine for ailerons but not the rudder)....Now this is taking about blowback at high speed with a DA60 on a pipe.

I thought it said 300+oz in. for servos... :(

hone

150cc
I don't know why the website says 300+ ounces of torque when the manual says 350+ for ailerons and elevators and 450+ for rudder.

dskuro95

100cc
Has anyone flew this plane with a DA-50r? I have one at home and I would like to use it if I can.

Last edited by a moderator: