• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Daren, I look Forward to Video!

Enterprise, do you have a document that explains the RPM to thrust formula's? I would love to try them with my Torque MK II on 16x7 Xoar

AKfreak

150cc
Hi guys, I was wondering what are the Max throws in High Rate for the Rudder, and Elevator for this plane? And I know, its as much as you can get right? I am just curious what the max you can really get without it hitting the opposing control surfaces.

Thanks guys, AKf

You have to be careful with the elevator. With too much you can get a cam over due to how close the pocket is to the horn. You get plenty of rudder throw, just that it is undersized compared to the crazy ones we see now and with the long fuse you do not get crazy yaw authority. 1.5 turns on a pop top is about all you can ever get from what I have been able to do so far.

View attachment 25028

View attachment 25029

View attachment 25030

Last edited by a moderator:
You can see how close to cam over you are. I use a 2" arm and the forward spline to stop it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405335689.503146.jpg

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi guys, I was wondering what are the Max throws in High Rate for the Rudder, and Elevator for this plane? And I know, its as much as you can get right? I am just curious what the max you can really get without it hitting the opposing control surfaces.

Thanks guys, AKf

Just redid my setup with Ty McCormack and we managed:
Elev- 46 deg, rudder- 48, aileron- 50. With Ty's help I got 5,5 and 8 more degrees out of it and the performance is great. PTs get 1.5-2 turns and 3 D is much easier with the wing staying stalled throughout the rollers with the increased throw. When I want to "spin a plate on a stick" doing pop tops I grab the 60" Laser!

Realize you hinge them yourself so it is possible to get 90 degrees up with enough gap. The linkage won't go that far. It had enough pitch authority for my tastes. Needs more rudder. If I ever get really really bored in the winter one could add some meat to the rudder aft.