• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

Stock setting, glacier 6s 5300mah 30c and 6s5000mah 40c.
Packs are barely warm to the touch, barely.

No 4s site that will work in the 51" slick :(
If you had enough to run 3 of them in series, you MIGHT be able to use 12s 2650, but even those might be too light.

how many Amps

If you got a 200kv wind then 12s 2650 would be interesting. You would get a lot of losses from all the wiring needed to get those three bats in series and getting 3 battery strap arrangements would be interesting. I tried to get 12s 5000 once with 3 batts and that was a bit of a challenge to get them strapped in.

If it were not for the losses in the wiring, 12s should be more efficient as you would need half the amps, therefore less heat loss. I want to try a 12s setup in the new 78 MXS, but that is documented in another thread with a few others thinking the same way.

I have a silver scheme one sitting in the box as well without a decision on setup. I originally got it just to replace the first 30cc that was beyond repair this season. I had the first one on gas and I was running a push pull on the rudder. IF the DA-35 ever comes out and I can get my hands on one, this might be the plane for it. The pre-order list is very long on that one and I am not on it.

I do have a A60-6XS laying around but I love the flight time with the gasser and this plane does not mind the weight of the gas setup. I liked my 71 slick electric much better than the gasser I currently have because the extra pound of weight does not suit that airframe.

If you got a 200kv wind then 12s 2650 would be interesting. You would get a lot of losses from all the wiring needed to get those three bats in series and getting 3 battery strap arrangements would be interesting. I tried to get 12s 5000 once with 3 batts and that was a bit of a challenge to get them strapped in.

If it were not for the losses in the wiring, 12s should be more efficient as you would need half the amps, therefore less heat loss. I want to try a 12s setup in the new 78 MXS, but that is documented in another thread with a few others thinking the same way.

I have a silver scheme one sitting in the box as well without a decision on setup. I originally got it just to replace the first 30cc that was beyond repair this season. I had the first one on gas and I was running a push pull on the rudder. IF the DA-35 ever comes out and I can get my hands on one, this might be the plane for it. The pre-order list is very long on that one and I am not on it.

I do have a A60-6XS laying around but I love the flight time with the gasser and this plane does not mind the weight of the gas setup. I liked my 71 slick electric much better than the gasser I currently have because the extra pound of weight does not suit that airframe.

I would love to go gas on the Edge to but i really don't have anyone to show me setup and tuning of 30cc gasser and i have only been flying for a year now but am a pretty fast learner and have been loving learning 3d flying.I dont know if i could handle the stress of thinking about the motor stalling and dead sticking in for a landing if i was not on the deck.I am just getting a bit more relaxed with the electric setups.I think i need to join a club soon and wait to biuld it mine too.

I'm running these HS-5565MH (https://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5565mh_servo.html) servos in one of my planes, and they are the perfect Hitec servo for a 25% / 30cc airplane.

The 5565 are faster but less torque then the 5585.are the 5565 ok for a gas setup too ? So do you think the 7985's are over kill for this plane or a good idea to spend the extra $ . I do like them being $70.00 even though i cant beleave i just said that . I am so used to the 51" size and smaller and there setup is way cheaper lol