• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

Diggity

70cc twin V2
No, my servos were in great condition on the edge.
The wings just couldn't hold up to the crankshafts and alien walls anymore....

I've had many issue with the structure on this plane: on the 30th flight I ejected the motor box, I've snapped the fuse in the air, I've had the counter balance break off the rudder in flight, and finally the wings gave out.

Yes, that was my plane at bowling green and yes it was an EF extra.

What are you doing flying 3DHS?, I thought you were with EF, No?

Which color did you get? Will you post some build pics so we can follow your progress?

I got the red. Oh, so sexy. :)

The build may not start for a couple weeks, but I'll post some photos. Probably for for advice than instruction though.

Marc

Having issues setting up my Motor/ESC, hoping someone can help. I'm running a Hacker A60-5S, ICE 100 with BEC Pro, on 8S - When I go to power up, the motor is not engaging until the throttle stick is at half throttle. I have used the Castle Link and have it set to the default setting expect for the fixed-point end setting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

gyro

GSN Contributor
Having issues setting up my Motor/ESC, hoping someone can help. I'm running a Hacker A60-5S, ICE 100 with BEC Pro, on 8S - When I go to power up, the motor is not engaging until the throttle stick is at half throttle. I have used the Castle Link and have it set to the default setting expect for the fixed-point end setting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried doing the fixed endpoints procedure? It really helps.
Also, make sure you don't have any sub trim or reduced travel adjust inputs (unless on fixed endpoints)

3dbandit

100cc
How do you do the fixed endpoint procedure? Thanks

***AS PER CASTLE LINK INSTRUCTIONS***

Fixed-Endpoints
Fixed-Endpoints will set zero-throttle and full-throttle points to fixed values so that the ESC does not have to learn from your transmitter. If you are using this mode, you will most likely want to change the EPA settings on your transmitter to allow full throttle resolution with the throttle stick. *To do this, turn on your TX and set normal mode in the transmitter for a linear throttle curve (0,25,50,75,100). Bring your high side and low side endpoints on your throttle channel down to 25%, plug in the battery pack with the throttle stick at full (it won't start up), then bring your high endpoint back out towards (and sometimes past) 100% until you hear a single tone. Next, bring your throttle stick down to the bottom position and bring the endpoint out from 25% out towards (and possibly past) 100% until you hear the ESC arm. Unplug the battery pack, wait a few seconds, then plug back in and verify that the throttle is working properly.