• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

I just started building one! (My birthday present to myself). I was actually looking at the pictures of your setup to try to understand this whole gasser thing. This will be my first gasser!

I see your in nj I'm in Wayne nj and I fly at the gca club in Washington nj. The 72 was my first gasser too. Ill gladly help you with whatever. The 72 is one of my fav planes.

njswede

150cc
That's where I fly too! Are you going to the club meeting tomorrow? I'm being voted in as a full member (I hope...)

That's where I fly too! Are you going to the club meeting tomorrow? I'm being voted in as a full member (I hope...)

Oh cool I didn't know you flew there I think I remember Glenn mentioning your name lol. I'm trying to make it to the meeting. And I will be flying on mon at the field I'm off for M. L. K. Day. It Looks rather windy sat and sun.

Im sure You won't have any problems getting voted in.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
I just started building one! (My birthday present to myself). I was actually looking at the pictures of your setup to try to understand this whole gasser thing. This will be my first gasser!

nice! good luck :) ask me if you have any questions and ill try me best to answer them

njswede

150cc
I'm about to glue in the elevator horns on my 72 and i found something weird. It looks like one of the slots for the double-horn on the elevator is plugged (see picture). What's up with that? Design change or just someone at the factory messing up? I'd like to know before I Dremel it out...

IMAG0606.jpg

(I'm sending the exact same question to 3DHS to see what they say...)

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
my 65 vyper had the same thing happen, was a major PITA to fix. I think in hindsight i should have read the directions in order and done the control horns before gluing in the joiner, wouldve saved some major headaches

njswede

150cc
Oh, I see what happened! *duh* My glue from doing the joiner got pushed into the slot. Actually, the manual wants you to do the joiner before the horns. But I used epoxy instead of CA (for strength), which, I guess, has more of a tendency to overflow like that. I think I should be able to get it out using a small Dremel bit and a steady hand...