• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

Royster

New to GSN!
Hey guys I aquired a new in the box 72 Extra from a club mate. I tried out his 71" slick with a motrofly 5320 300kv motor on 4000 8s and didn't like the power. Has anyone run 10s on this plane?
I keep reading CG is aft so I figure the Hyperion motor setup I had on my old Pilot RC 73" yak would work with this model but it is a tad smaller.

The pilot is a 12 pound plane. This one can be built electric under 10. You can get a 4330-225 and either run a big prop on 10s or 19x8 on 12s.

Royster

New to GSN!
Thanks for the info :)

Going with 8S 4000s and the Motrofly DM5320 300kv motor. Props unsure but going to try a Xoar 19x10, APC 20x8 and APC 20x10. Will see what numbers I get on the Hyperion eMeter and decided then and switch to a carbon Mejzlik prop :)