• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Oh, I see what happened! *duh* My glue from doing the joiner got pushed into the slot. Actually, the manual wants you to do the joiner before the horns. But I used epoxy instead of CA (for strength), which, I guess, has more of a tendency to overflow like that. I think I should be able to get it out using a small Dremel bit and a steady hand...

If u dont want to dremel it out u could but the horns/servo on the other side of the fuse, if u havnt installed a push-pull rudder yet

njswede

150cc
If u dont want to dremel it out u could but the horns/servo on the other side of the fuse, if u havnt installed a push-pull rudder yet

Hmmm... I guess I could just put some white covering on top of this mess and try the other side. On the other hand, there's no guarantee the other side won't have the same problem...

njswede

150cc
I change my mind. RC Girl is right: Covering up the unused holes is a lot easier than trying to get all the junk out of the slot. And the slots on the other side were all clear.

Thanks for the tip RC Girl!

EDIT: And I had self adhesive Ultracote in the correct color, so the fix took exactly 3 minutes. Life is good!

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I change my mind. RC Girl is right: Covering up the unused holes is a lot easier than trying to get all the junk out of the slot. And the slots on the other side were all clear.

EDIT: And I had self adhesive Ultracote in the correct color, so the fix took exactly 3 minutes. Life is good!

aww shucks...I was looking forward to hearing the after action report about how your game of "Operation" went on your plane!
;)

RC Girl

70cc twin V2

No problem :)

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Got to fly my 72 yesterday! :D will have a video up soon ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359345567.702530.jpg

njswede

150cc
I did a test fit of my PTE36 on the Extra and it fits, but... The muffler gets REALLY close to the wood on the firewall. I'm going to add some fender washers between the firewall and the standoffs, but the distance between the muffler and the firewall is still going to be just a couple of mm. Is it a fire hazard? Do I need to get the compact muffler?

IMAG0631.jpg