• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

Eagle34

50cc
The gap seems pretty common. My 51" Slick is the same way. On the other forum several were saying the 57 Extras are like this also.

SteveT.

100cc
A while back I posted that on the maiden flight of my Slick on August 25th, the canopy blew off, and I never did find it...... Today, went out to my club field to fly for a while, and a good friend of mine almost ran up to me...and asked...."what color was your canopy"? To which I answered... "orange"....and he told me it was on one of the shelves in our transmitter impound. He was out during the week, and saw a mother and a little boy who was carrying the canopy, and he told her he knew who it belonged to, so the little boy gave to my friend who put it away for me.

Here it is, a little dirty, with a bit of mold on the wood (it had rained here since then), but once cleaned completely usable again!!

SteveT

Attachments

• Canopy.jpg
    Canopy.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 205

zmonster97

A while back I posted that on the maiden flight of my Slick on August 25th, the canopy blew off, and I never did find it...... Today, went out to my club field to fly for a while, and a good friend of mine almost ran up to me...and asked...."what color was your canopy"? To which I answered... "orange"....and he told me it was on one of the shelves in our transmitter impound. He was out during the week, and saw a mother and a little boy who was carrying the canopy, and he told her he knew who it belonged to, so the little boy gave to my friend who put it away for me.

Here it is, a little dirty, with a bit of mold on the wood (it had rained here since then), but once cleaned completely usable again!!

SteveT

That's great!

I have over a thousand flights on my 71 slick and l still love it. To me this is still the best all around 25% plane on the market.

normal... unless both our planes are screwy ;)

The gap seems pretty common. My 51" Slick is the same way. On the other forum several were saying the 57 Extras are like this also.

Ok just wanted to ask. It always kinda bothered me but I figured that is probably how all of them are. Thanks for the input guys.

SteveT

Steve I am glad you found it. That is awesome that people were kind enough to hold on to it and get it back to you. Maybe there is still hope in this world after all. :D

Good news Steve. Glad to hear we still have a few honest people in this world. Even if it is water damaged at least you got it back.

SteveT.

100cc
Water damage no big deal, as it doesn't appear to be warped, just a little "green"...:D Nothing a bit of light sanding shouldn't take care of....

SteveT

lugnutz

30cc
Yes sir. I am sure you will have no problems at all.

It is a really nice and smooth plane to fly. It is just taking me a little bit to get use to how slow it reacts in the air (not sure I am using the right terms here.) My 48's just flip and tumble around at crazy rates and speed compared to the slick but the slick is smoother (it does have an insane roll rate on high settings!!) and more graceful and I believe that is due to it's size. It is also taking a bit to get use to the amount of money that is flying around in the air so I tend to fly higher then with my smaller planes too. It is a nice great amazing flying plane just little things I have never experienced before are taking me a bit of time to get use to. That is all. I am up to 23 flights on my Slick now so it is getting better.

I do have a question though. After I bolt on my wings there still seems to be a bit of play between the wing and the fuse where the rotations pins are. Is this something to be concerned about or is it normal? I am constantly checking the tightness of the bolts before I take off because of the horror stories of wings coming off in flight.

ream the hole a small amount so the pin can fit striaght in and not rubbing the fuse on the way in and it will fit better