• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Let me ask you guys this. Do you think I picked a good platform to learn larger planes on, or should I of picked a different plane? I mean I can still do that. Just put the Vyper up and build another plane.

SnowDog

Based on what I've read so far, the style of plane is not the issue..it is just experience. I've reached out to a friend of mine in Portland Oregon to see if he is willing to connect up with you and help you improve your skills...he's got a lot of experience and he's a really neat guy...a little "twisted" but that is another story ;) Once he responds back, I'll let you know. In the mean time, build the Vyper...it is a very forgiving platform but any plane on super high rates will be a kamikaze just waiting to happen unless you are ready for it.

Fly the Vyper on low rates and it will make you look better than you are...it is super stable and lands as smooth as butter.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
There be some dark days here at the Bush house. Dark Dark Days. Finally got my new Vyper airframe delivered yesterday evening only to find out it is DOA. Looked like someone may have stepped on it or something. To say that I was pi#$% off last night would be an understatement. Maybe the airplane gods are trying to tell me something...Like this isn't the right plane for me. LOL. Maybe I should get a different plane. Was looking at a 78" Extra at Extreme Flight.

I will not be deterred and I will have this plane. Even if I have to wait forever for it to get shipped all the way back and shipped all the way here again. Still going to stay really really cheezed off till then though :cursing:

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Man what a bummer! In the past 3dhs has usually been pretty good at solving shipping damage. Any pics?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
What do you mean "Pretty Good"? :confused: Dude that doesn't sound scary at all. :veryshocked: Won't they just replace the plane?
Just click on the img and it will show you the full size version.

3dNater

Have you sent those pics to Noll yet? that is a slam dunk in terms of getting a replacement... I doubt they are going to hassle with having it shipped back either.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Sorry don't know who Noll is. Shop is not open today. :( I will probably have to email all this stuff in to info@3dhobbyshop.com[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and wait till Monday before I get an answer, hopefully. [/FONT]

3dNater

Yea... Noll is their warehouse manager etc. He will likely be the person adjusting your claim. Get the email in asap with attached pics.