• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
On it...Sent about 5mins ago.

Well at least I still have my Heli's to fly. Think I'll go throw those around for a bit. Thanks for the info. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Noll is the owner of US sales and distribution. He manages the warehouse also.

Noll @ 3dhobbyshop.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So should I resend the original email to Noll or just leave it?

Here's another question for you guy's.

Im having serious thoughts on which plane to get now. Here are my idea's.

Stick with the 3DHS 65" Vyper. IN STOCK.
3DHS 74" Edge 540 - Silver. OUT OF STOCK.
3DHS 72" Extra 330SC - Red. OUT OF STOCK.
Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 Electric Version. IN STOCK.

Pretty sure the servos I bought for the Vyper will work on all these as well....Hitec HS-7954SH.
Not so sure the MOTROLFLY DM-4320-450Kv will work though.

What do you guy's think?

SnowDog

Bushwacker, stick with the Vyper...you'll enjoy it. I'm really sorry to see all this trouble...thanks UPS for trashing another plane!
Can't speak for 3DHS but past experience has shown they do right by the customer.

This is NOT a 3D video, but I did join together a few clips so you can see how easy this thing flies.

Advanced pilots move along, nothing to see here. :)

[video=youtube;ItNZWhdATzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNZWhdATzc[/video]

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah I was thinking about this last night and decided to stick with this plane. I just like it too much.
Thanks for the video.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well fella's I am now a Loyal 3DHS Customer. Oh and thank you 3DNater. Here's the email I got back from them regarding my damaged Vyper. Just about fell off my chair after reading this. Man I thought this would be some big dragged out thing. BooYa Baby Im a happy boy again. Noll is da man :banana:

Quote: Les,

Sorry to hear of the shipping damage. We have filed a claim with UPS. They will likely issue a call tag to pickup the package for inspection. Please rebox the kit.

We are sending a second 65" Vyper as a replacement.

Best regards,

Noll

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well fella's I am now a Loyal 3DHS Customer. Oh and thank you 3DNater. Here's the email I got back from them regarding my damaged Vyper. Just about fell off my chair after reading this. Man I thought this would be some big dragged out thing. BooYa Baby Im a happy boy again. Noll is da man :banana:

Sorry to hear of the shipping damage. We have filed a claim with UPS. They will likely issue a call tag to pickup the package for inspection. Please rebox the kit.

Best regards,

Noll

Cool. That is standard operating procedure for the good companies... I would have been disappointed to hear anything less ;)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp

Best regards,

Noll

Awesome! Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.... now just pray UPS doesn't do it again! :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Seriously Mike...are you trying to jinks me bro. :grumpy: j/k man.
This whole week is going to suck until I open the box. :banghead: if it's all messed up again bad things are going to happen. I will have to have a little chat with the UPS guy. It will be fine Im sure. This will give me time to get a few things. Things I figured out after the first build. Servo wire keepers and things like that.

Hey let me ask you guys this. When you glue the hinges, what do you find to be the best way to do? I mean what do you use.
Epoxy, Gorilla Glue or thick CA? Or whatever it is you like. Is there a certain gap you like to maintain between the wing and ailerons/rudder/elevator? Any building advice you have would be great. I know to go over the entire plane and hit all the joints I can get to with some thin CA. When I remove the blind nuts, use some round stock to fill the hole and glue it with some thick CA or Gorilla Glue before drilling the new holes for the motor mount. Have to go over all the seems with an iron on med heat. What am I forgetting?