• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Yeah someone mentioned the hitec 7245 mh servos as the ticket @ 7.4v but I'm thinking that's a ton of money for this size plane - would rather stick the extra into the Bigfoot this summer - or a larger plane if money frees up a bit. Might look for a hitec equivalent on the same magnitude - maybe something from savox.

Savox does not offer anything comparable to the 7245MH. And the one mini they offer that is close to the 5245 is the same price as the 7254MH. also you can always upgrade to the 7245mh later down the road as they are the same size. however they are worth the extra cash.

maxx4wd

50cc
Savox does not offer anything comparable to the 7245MH. And the one mini they offer that is close to the 5245 is the same price as the 7254MH. also you can always upgrade to the 7245mh later down the road as they are the same size. however they are worth the extra cash.

I might as well just get the bigger servos - seems like a decent idea and since it's not all that much more if the durability and longevity pay off then it's a no brainer. Haven't seen really anything similar yet so I'll just wait a few more days and order the good stuff. Thanks for the advice.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I might as well just get the bigger servos - seems like a decent idea and since it's not all that much more if the durability and longevity pay off then it's a no brainer. Haven't seen really anything similar yet so I'll just wait a few more days and order the good stuff. Thanks for the advice.
You will not regret it. And they are actually the same size as the 225-5245 servos. Just more Touqe, and speed.

maxx4wd

50cc
Well I finally finished her - this pic was before I added the SFG, spinner, and properly balanced and added the stickers but she's ready to maiden.
iphone backup 02-25-14 001.JPG

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Looks good, you will enjoy it. Just make sure you put those SFG's on as they really help this bird in glight.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Really no need to balance, just slap the pack over the LG and fly it. Then adjust it until it meets you fancy LOL. With these modern 3D planes they have a wide CG.

maxx4wd

50cc
Lol. Yeah just out of curiosity I balanced the plane at the extremes and found that I could put the batteries just about anywhere from the wing tube to a few inches in front. Pretty amazing really. Can't wait for this stupid rain to go away so I can maiden her.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
At least all you have to wait for is a little rain. i have to wait another month for the Polar Vortex to go away and everything thaw out and dry up. It was a high of 18F degrees today and well below zero now.

maxx4wd

50cc
Sorry to hear that - I totally wasn't complaining just excited to get a new bird. It's been a while since my last one and I'm looking forward to the larger airframe - especially in the wind. I hope it thaws for all you guys stuck in the snow. Looks like a bad one. Funny in California we're in one of our worst droughts since the early 90s so the rain is more than welcome.