• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
put about four flights on my extra today before the rain hit. Still flies great LOL. Like usual it goes where i point it to and tracks straight as an arrow. Though an older pilot in his 80's decided halfway through my flight to take up his cheap epp plane. Almost ran into me three times, then right as I am about to land and call Landing he crashes it right in the middle of the runway. I told him I can land around his plane and he goes out on the runway anyhow then sits there fiddling with his plane. I ended up having to tell him to get off the runway as I need to land my plane before I run out of battery and loose a $1K plane. He is a good guy, but that really irritated me as I told him I was landing.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
The weather is supposed to be great tomorrow with 8mph winds and sunny. I hope to put 10 flights at least on it LOL. Should be a good day as long as the winds are not bad. I hope the weather channel is right for once LOL.

SnowDog

put about four flights on my extra today before the rain hit. Still flies great LOL. Like usual it goes where i point it to and tracks straight as an arrow. Though an older pilot in his 80's decided halfway through my flight to take up his cheap epp plane. Almost ran into me three times, then right as I am about to land and call Landing he crashes it right in the middle of the runway. I told him I can land around his plane and he goes out on the runway anyhow then sits there fiddling with his plane. I ended up having to tell him to get off the runway as I need to land my plane before I run out of battery and loose a $1K plane. He is a good guy, but that really irritated me as I told him I was landing.

yeah, that's a bummer when someone acts like that...no consideration for anyone else. glad you didn't run into trouble.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
yeah, that's a bummer when someone acts like that...no consideration for anyone else. glad you didn't run into trouble.

It was close, another ten seconds and I would have been looking at a bad situation. I usually get along great with the guy, but he does some things like that occasionally. I guess he is just getting too old LOL.

maxx4wd

50cc
I finally finished my first major repair - I think I would do it a little different next time but all-in-all it came out straight and looks pretty good (even though I accidentally used monocote instead of ultracoat so the colors don't match up perfectly. Can't wait to get this bird back in the air this weekend and see if I can't stress test her...

iphone backup 04-11-14 005a.jpgiphone backup 04-11-14 010a.jpgiphone backup 06-11-14 004.JPGiphone backup 06-12-14 009a.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nice repair! Don't sweat the color difference, just get it out and fly it like you stole it! :D

maxx4wd

50cc
Nice repair! Don't sweat the color difference, just get it out and fly it like you stole it! :D

Thanks Gyro - not too worried about the color difference...probably never even notice it once in the air...pretty happy to just get her back in the air...won't worry about taking chances with this one now ;)

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well, my 57'' extra will be getting repaired i have decided! Just need to get the cash to buy a new right wing, motorbox, cowl, and canopy. I figure if i can fix it that way then I will not have to sell my 51'' slick LOL.

maxx4wd

50cc
Well, my 57'' extra will be getting repaired i have decided! Just need to get the cash to buy a new right wing, motorbox, cowl, and canopy. I figure if i can fix it that way then I will not have to sell my 51'' slick LOL.

Yeah, repair it for sure! No sense in selling another plane :) Post the pics when you get done...always like to see before and afters

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Yeah, repair it for sure! No sense in selling another plane :) Post the pics when you get done...always like to see before and afters

I will, but it will be a while as i have to procure the funds. and I am spending most my time flying right now as come august I will not be flying again until may. thats when I leave to go away to college.