• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
My current plane it to fix it over winter break as that will give me something to do LOL. if I get it done before than than that is just a bonus.

maxx4wd

50cc
I will, but it will be a while as i have to procure the funds. and I am spending most my time flying right now as come august I will not be flying again until may. thats when I leave to go away to college.

I hear you - no rush - it took me like 3 months to put my 57 back together again - life happens but the planes have a way of sticking around...good luck with the flying and then with the college courses thereafter.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I hear you - no rush - it took me like 3 months to put my 57 back together again - life happens but the planes have a way of sticking around...good luck with the flying and then with the college courses thereafter.

Thanks LOL. i am hoping to take my 32'' epp yak up with me to college but I am not sure if there will be anywhere to fly it.

maxx4wd

50cc
Well I had a successful re-maiden today - a bit windy but the 57 took it in stride - little tough to land but it could be that I'm just not used to it yet. Kept it a mile high but will bring it down lower tomorrow.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well I had a successful re-maiden today - a bit windy but the 57 took it in stride - little tough to land but it could be that I'm just not used to it yet. Kept it a mile high but will bring it down lower tomorrow.

Congrats!

maxx4wd

50cc
Congrats!

Thanks! - I put a few more batteries threw her yesterday as well...really like the 57" - I'm still get her dialed in but, compared to my smaller birds this one is just about perfect for the windy conditions we constantly get at my home field. handles everything in stride...need to figure out how to land her as she's just a little bit more picky than most of my other planes, but maybe adding a mix might help...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks! - I put a few more batteries threw her yesterday as well...really like the 57" - I'm still get her dialed in but, compared to my smaller birds this one is just about perfect for the windy conditions we constantly get at my home field. handles everything in stride...need to figure out how to land her as she's just a little bit more picky than most of my other planes, but maybe adding a mix might help...

Make sure you're flying her all the way to the ground :) Get on a good glide slope with a little power, fly it down, flare & go idle.

maxx4wd

50cc
Make sure you're flying her all the way to the ground :) Get on a good glide slope with a little power, fly it down, flare & go idle.

Yeah I've noticed that it likes coming down a little hotter than my other planes...I mainly don't have too much issue with it other than it just doesn't want to come down...much like the little 42" slick...just super floaty when there's little throttle. Will have to practice the power on landings a bit more to make them smoother - I'm probably doing a rookie move and dialing too much throttle out too early. My other issue is that I have trees on at least 3 sides (unless its calm and then I get a nice long run from the opposite direction) so I have to come down a little steeper than I'd like and bleeding speed can be tricky but maybe like you say I just have to fly it to the ground and do more of a scale flare.

maxx4wd

50cc
I never do no throttle - the 57 just seems to need a lot more throttle than most. But that's great advice. I've done that mistake with my 48" epp and lickily it was just a bit if glue - but could imagine what it would do to a balsa. :)