• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If you are building an AMR stick then I would recommend that you use epoxy or wood glue for the fuse it is all light ply and ca does not work the greatest. Just a suggestion. I just finished building there stick 85.

@Snoopy1,

Thanks for the tip. I agree with you, but the good news is my fuse is already built. . . . :fist_pump: All I have to do is build the rest. Of course, I will take you advice and use epoxy around the wing tube and probably around the servo rails. One thing I need to do pretty quickly is go buy some stock in Ultracote. That way I can at least get a little bit of money back when I buy all the covering I need for this beast. I can only imagine how much covering it took to cover the 85cc and I cannot begin to wrap my head around how much it would take to cover that 150cc monster. . . . :laughing:. I also need to catch up with @Decal Dennis once I make up my mind how to finish it off. I know it's going to get some GSN and some Kirby's Custom Graphics bling, but I'm not sure what else yet. I am REALLY getting excited about finally getting to start on this thing. Hopefully it won't take too long to finish it up. It's so bad, I almost want it to rain one day over the long weekend, just so I can sneak over to my Buddy's shop and do some building one day (nahhh, not really. . . . . :spongebob:)

See ya fellas

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1,

Thanks for the tip. I agree with you, but the good news is my fuse is already built. . . . :fist_pump: All I have to do is build the rest. Of course, I will take you advice and use epoxy around the wing tube and probably around the servo rails. One thing I need to do pretty quickly is go buy some stock in Ultracote. That way I can at least get a little bit of money back when I buy all the covering I need for this beast. I can only imagine how much covering it took to cover the 85cc and I cannot begin to wrap my head around how much it would take to cover that 150cc monster. . . . :laughing:. I also need to catch up with @Decal Dennis once I make up my mind how to finish it off. I know it's going to get some GSN and some Kirby's Custom Graphics bling, but I'm not sure what else yet. I am REALLY getting excited about finally getting to start on this thing. Hopefully it won't take too long to finish it up. It's so bad, I almost want it to rain one day over the long weekend, just so I can sneak over to my Buddy's shop and do some building one day (nahhh, not really. . . . . :spongebob:)

See ya fellas

It took more than I expected it seamed I was putting bed sheets on it and was never going to end.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@Snoopy1,

See ya fellas

FYI, @Decal Dennis is Knife Edge Graphix. Not Kirby's ;)

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Yep....let me know when your ready and I'll hook you up with some Knife Edge Graphix graphics:) Then you can FLYKEG.COM

If you can dream it up, I can put it on vinyl

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
FYI, @Decal Dennis is Knife Edge Graphix. Not Kirby's ;)

OMG, how can I be such an IDIOT ! ! ! ! . . . .:very_angry: I knew that and I know Dennis knows I knew that. What possessed me to type Kirby is beyond me. . . . . .:face-palm: I have NEVER even considered buying any graphics from them. Hey Dennis, if you're still are willing to sell me some graphics, I'll make it up to you. I promise.

This is the second STUPID thing I have done today. I think I better quit before I make a complete ass of myself.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
OMG, how can I be such an IDIOT ! ! ! ! . . . .:very_angry: I knew that and I know Dennis knows I knew that. What possessed me to type Kirby is beyond me. . . . . .:face-palm: I have NEVER even considered buying any graphics from them. Hey Dennis, if you're still are willing to sell me some graphics, I'll make it up to you. I promise.

This is the second STUPID thing I have done today. I think I better quit before I make a complete ass of myself.
It's all good. Been there done that many times myself.:D

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK Fellas,

OK, it's Friday and I got more than three hours of sleep for the first time in over a week last night. So, I'll try not to make myself look like such an idiot tonight. . . . . . . :laughing: Since I will be starting on my Stick Monday night, I have been thinking about covering and I have a question. @pawnshopmike, do you have a link to a color chart for Ultracoat? I'm interested in the available colors for the large rolls. Hey @Decal Dennis, I have one for you too, what is the different in material thickness between Ultracoat and the vinyl you use? I think I already know the answer to this, but do I need to put a layer of Ultracoat down over the bare wood for your vinyl to stick to? I'm leaning towards a true red, white and insignia blue flag scheme for my stick. Something like the picture of the Big Ultimate on 3W's website. I figured it would be easy enough for me to put the white and blue down, then cut the red stripes and have Dennis cut the stars for it. Here is a picture of it. After I finish my Stick, my Laser and my 50cc Carden Extra, I am going to build a 77" wingspan Miles Reed Weeks Solution X and it will be covered like this Ultimate.

upload_2016-7-1_21-50-52.png