• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

cutting aluminum plates for the bottom part of the landing gear

Attachments

• landing gear front and side view.jpg
    landing gear front and side view.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 234
  • by.jpg
    by.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 208
  • bz.jpg
    bz.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 222
  • ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 229
Since pictures are not coming often for now, I will try to describe what I have in mind for control system
s
First, the full size Dalotel has trim tabs on both ailerons, and both elevators, but not on the Rudder. So on this model, I will use the trim tabs as boost tabs instead which in appearance is totally scale. and will add power to the servo as well.

The servos for the ailerons are OmG brushless high voltage at 450 oz of torque each.
The elevators I might use a coreless high voltage of 505 oz of torque each,
The Rudder still not sure but tempting to use the Seiko servo.
The receiver, yes only one receiver will have its own battery and the servos will have there own batteries, all Lipos.
All servo extensions will be Fiber Optics, to keep the servos totally optically isolated, plus eleminate the long signal wire replaced by the optic cable

Will have telemetry but at this time not sure all of it will be used.
You guessed it radio and receiver is the Taranis by FrSky, I have been testing it through its paces all summer and its absolute bullet proof.
Switches will be electronic failsafe using 90 amp mosfet,
Using a 4 cylinder engine, I am thinking of using a blower fan to cool the rear cylinders, but that is still in the works.

You already know about the retract servos.
I hope to have the new FrSky radio Horus, for its voice control built in, which I can use for retracts for instance, and not have to search for a switch LOL

Feel free for any questions, or comments or suggestions

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nice Roger.... I really like implementation of mechanics associated to electronics and how they all come together and work as a unified team. This plane is going to be top shelf in every facet. I am loving seeing it come together.

Looking forward to seeing this landing gear come to life!
me too, seriously, its not that hard but simply paying attention to details, Yesterday I used the same .90" plate to practice some aluminum welding, with a low heat aluminum rod (735 degree) with acetelene torch, and it is awesome, I will post a picture of the weld seam, man if I can do this , anyone can...now I know I have to go back to some welds I did on the Pitts and redo them

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Roger....I hope you have better success with this than I did. The stuff I tried was Durafix. It seemed to work and flow as advertised when I welded a canister stinger back on. Seemed strong when I tried to break it off by hand.....but the first flight it fell off. Haven't fiddled with the stuff since then. :(

Roger....I hope you have better success with this than I did. The stuff I tried was Durafix. It seemed to work and flow as advertised when I welded a canister stinger back on. Seemed strong when I tried to break it off by hand.....but the first flight it fell off. Haven't fiddled with the stuff since then. :(
I will definitely do a lot of testing first I assure you, and hopefully it will work, one thing I found though , is to clean to a shine the part to be welded with a stainless brush, but I hear you, so more testing ...

a good start, still the inner part to weld , then clean up and grind for proper appearance

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 234
  • cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 235
  • cd.jpg
    cd.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 217
  • ce.jpg
    ce.jpg