• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

RCFlyingKnight

New to GSN!
Hey Roger, See attached picture for how I figured this was. I can't see this as a oil/air pressure dampening, more like piston pushing against a cushion. The dimensions I got for the strut is best guess scaling your picture for a 4" wheel.

My idea isn't fesable after actually drawing it out. Sorry I couldn't help,

Matthew
DalotelLGStrut.jpg DalotelLGStrut2.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Roger....could something like this work? An inner (lower) strut sliding inside on 2 bushing in the upper strut, with slot machined to accept a steel roll pin. The roll pin captures the inner strut, limits the travel and prevents rotation.

Just thinking out loud!
Roger\'s gear leg.jpg

Hey Roger, See attached picture for how I figured this was. I can't see this as a oil/air pressure dampening, more like piston pushing against a cushion. The dimensions I got for the strut is best guess scaling your picture for a 4" wheel.

My idea isn't fesable after actually drawing it out. Sorry I couldn't help,

Matthew
View attachment 4130 View attachment 4131
Thanks Matthew for the effort, everything helps and the wheel is 8"

Roger....could something like this work? An inner (lower) strut sliding inside on 2 bushing in the upper strut, with slot machined to accept a steel roll pin. The roll pin captures the inner strut, limits the travel and prevents rotation.

Just thinking out loud!
View attachment 4134
I will have a closer look at your drawing, this would work , now the question is the lower leg would have to be solid because of the slot, I will have to check about the weight increase

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I will have a closer look at your drawing, this would work , now the question is the lower leg would have to be solid because of the slot, I will have to check about the weight increase
I would think that if the wall thickness is enough, the center could still be hollow. Another though, instead of a steel roll pin how about a high-density polyurethane/propylene pin. Or a smaller steel pin through its center. The plastics hold up to tremendous wear and would be substantially less abrasive on the aluminum slots. They also have self lubricating properties, if I recall.

Last edited:

3D-Joy

50cc
If you go plastic for the pin, you might as well make it flat so the contact area is greatly increased.
I slightly modded Pistolera's drawing to explain my thought.

Attachments

• Roger\'s gear leg 2.JPG
    Roger\'s gear leg 2.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 214