• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Here is the drawing of the landing gear
Hey Roger, I guess I should have asked for a pictures of the landing gear details.

I'll CAD something up on an internal anti-rotation idea I've had. What is the over all outside diameter of the strut you will be using? Or you could e-mail me more dimensional specification on the size your landing gear will be.

Matthew

P.S. there are two t's in my name lol :)
Hey Matthew with two T's, I will post a picture, I tried already but the file was too big

Here is a drawing, not sure on the quality, I'm using the same program as I am use to

Attachments

• Landing gear A.jpg
    Landing gear A.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 215

RCFlyingKnight

New to GSN!
Here is a drawing, not sure on the quality, I'm using the same program as I am use to
Hey Roger,

At first look, it appears that the strut used a piston that pushed against a series of small diaphragms for damping. If you look on the side view just below the actuating arm pin towards the front, it shows a pin (anti-rotation?) going through the outer tube part way into the inner tube, where there was prabably a groove on the inner tube to allow the movement.

I'll probably figure it out better as I draw it up. You don't happen to have an estimate on the total weight that your model will be?

Matthew

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I sure wish your parts would show up. I am having withdrawals waiting for more progress on this beautifully engineered project.

I sure wish your parts would show up. I am having withdrawals waiting for more progress on this beautifully engineered project.
I had a bit of a downer after seeing the David's Extra build, man what an awesome builder this guy is, , I wish all scratch builts would have a place of there own and not with the ARF's what do you think???

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I had a bit of a downer after seeing the David's Extra build, man what an awesome builder this guy is, , I wish all scratch builts would have a place of there own and not with the ARF's what do you think???
I think that's an excellent idea Roger. You guys scratch building just amaze me!